Quantcast

Probably the most important thread in the Front Range

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
since we're on the food topic in some other threads...

CHIPOTLE KILLS/DESTROYS/OWNS Illegal Pete's. enough said.

AND, if you even try to bring up that " yeah, but they mix it for you" crap, you'll get banned from ridemonkey and every other website on the internet.

sohot sucks

Chimp
Feb 13, 2006
Chipotle sucks almost as much as So Hot. It's all about the mixed up burrito, so **** Chipotle and **** the internet.

ride_fast

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
boulder, co
petes ownes all. but chipotle is prety good, especialy because they give you free drinks. i usualy end up going there because of the free drinks but like on the other hand its totaly like 5 more blocks away from boulder high than petes is and i ususaly also feal like being a fat ass and not walking that far. but tra lings is seriously where its at. like seriously man.

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
once again, you've all missed the point. CHIPOTLE rules. all these other places of which you all speak may as well shut down. sorry to break it to all of you, that's just how it is...i know, it's hard to accept.

ballr

Monkey
Apr 7, 2002
colorado
since we're on the food topic in some other threads...

CHIPOTLE KILLS/DESTROYS/OWNS Illegal Pete's. enough said.

AND, if you even try to bring up that " yeah, but they mix it for you" crap, you'll get banned from ridemonkey and every other website on the internet.

I didn't want to go here, but since you pre-empted my argument about the mixing thing, you've forced my hand.

The basic fact of the matter is that you (and anyone else who prefers Chi-bloat-le over IP's) have poor, if any, taste in salsa. I know exactly what you order at Chipotle and it could best be described as vanilla, bland, and boring. This is why Chi-bung-le is perfect for you, no flavor! If, however, you are looking for a near orgasmic experience for your taste buds, you will almost always choose Pete's over Chi-goat-le.

As for these other burrito house alternatives, please stay on subject...and it is Illegal Pete's versus Chipotle.

Thank you, that is all.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Beast said:
I'm thinkin the burrito shop in crested butte pretty much wins it hand down
well, if we're off the front range...

Pepe Osaka's in Winter Park... best damn burrito-sushi shop in the world. Ok, probably the only one ;) but damn good burritos... probably cuz I'm always starving after a long ride :D

ride_fast

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
boulder, co
ballr said:
I didn't want to go here, but since you pre-empted my argument about the mixing thing, you've forced my hand.

The basic fact of the matter is that you (and anyone else who prefers Chi-bloat-le over IP's) have poor, if any, taste in salsa. I know exactly what you order at Chipotle and it could best be described as vanilla, bland, and boring. This is why Chi-bung-le is perfect for you, no flavor! If, however, you are looking for a near orgasmic experience for your taste buds, you will almost always choose Pete's over Chi-goat-le.

I totaly agree. chipotle dosent ever beguin to compare to petes. chipotle is bland and stupid. i have eaten over like 1,000,000 petes burritos and it wins hands down as all you sane people would agree.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
ballr said:
Word...

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
ballr said:

As for these other burrito house alternatives, please stay on subject...and it is Illegal Pete's versus Chipotle.

Thank you, that is all.
I think that is the least angry post you have ever made on the Internet. Petes MUST be the ****!

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
SkaredShtles said:
Where is it? In Boulder? If so, I'll probably never get to try it.......... :(

Ralliburto's is a little mexican joint located at 80th and Sherridan. If you're headed east on 80th, turn right on sherridan, and it's maybe a half a block down on the left. It's in an old Taco Bell building.

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
To go back to topic, I usually eat at Chipotle (because it's next to the shop), but given my way, my favorite burrito, thus far is definately the green chile burrito at Petes!

Never take an Australian to either though, have you ever seen an Aussi try something with any kind of spice on it? :hot: :D

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
ballr,

if chipotle is "bland" it must only be from the lack of hippie juice, patchouli residue and jerry garcia fleas that fall out of the dreadlocks of IP's "kind" staff. yeah, no thanks there phish-feeder.

go back to managing your "cash flow"

ballr

Monkey
Apr 7, 2002
colorado
C'mon Beer Demon, I've sold a couple things on here and didn't get mad about those! Not all my posts are angry. Plus, if my web designer guy would ever finish updating our team site, you could log on and read a bunch of non-angry crap there.

As for you, Mr. I Don't Know Sh*t About Burritos, why would you assume that I was necessarily referring to any of the Pete's locations in Boulder? If you actually lived in Colorado, you might be aware of the fact that there is an IP's in downtown Denver, on the 16th St mall.

My suggestion:
Why don't you go log onto www.surfbro.puke and talk about something you at least have a modicum of knowledge about - the loCal surf scene. Oh wait, maybe you should go to www.whatdoidowithmysurfboardwithoutanywater.com and plan your future.

Seriously, do you even put any salsa on your wackrito at Chipotle?

Oh, and don't you have anything better to do than pick fights about food this weekend? Something like, I don't know, make a magazine or finish your friend's website? Just a thought.

Richness - "Jerry Garcia fleas"! LMFAO

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
i vote for pete's... better food(imo)

much much larger menu(with many good items on it)

also the best reason to go to petes is the bar. Chipotle has beer yes, but not the selection or actual draft beer like petes.

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
i can't believe people are still talking about that pete guy. we all know why he's illegal (puff puff give), so that should make you guys feel ashamed of sticking up for his contaminated scraps.

hey skared - the first time i read your screen name i thought it was "sacred sh!ttles" - dislexia, i know. now every time i see it, that goes through my head and makes me laugh...sh!ttles...ahahaha

stringcheese

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Golden, CO
I'm a Chipotle addict, and I eat there pretty much every day, and used to work there. I think Illegal Pete's tastes just as good, but I refuse to pay 10 ****ing bucks for burrito.

ride_fast

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
boulder, co
stringcheese said:
I'm a Chipotle addict, and I eat there pretty much every day, and used to work there. I think Illegal Pete's tastes just as good, but I refuse to pay 10 ****ing bucks for burrito.
it costs exactly the same.

jhusktrials

Monkey
Dec 29, 2001
Denver
Yes wahoo's is quite tasty. But on topic I would go with Pete's- FISH is delicious. Even though I eat Chipotle way more due to their 1,000,000 front range locations.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
little anitas is bomb. this is fact. however, burritos are the topic here.

that being said- i have documented evidence of the hip jump debate at angelfire. the audio is not very good but if you can read lips, the chipotle side clearly dominates the discusion. when it comes to a straight up chicken burrito... chipotle is the end all weapon of mass hunger destruction.

sucks that i cant use my analogy on here... it might offend someone's boss and get their ass fired.

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
OK, THIS IS ACTUALLY NOCOASTFREERIDE ON NOWSKLIZ NAME. However, I would like to personally say that Illegal Pete's will knock the crap out of any Chipotle ot there. Please remember, Illegal Pete's mixes there ingrediants before they serve you the burrito. This is a very integral part of the burrito making process. For Christ's sake, who likes a bite of chicken, a bite of corn, and a bite of cheese? NO ONE!! When they mix it, you get a happy ending in every bite. Nuff said. Illegal Pete's up in the Tech Center gives free ahppy hour shots and a dollar fiddy drinks. I'm calling an Illegal Pete's night next Weds for all you naysayers. We will be there, beytoches!

-Tanney (Nocoastfreeride/mtnbike247)

ride_fast

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
boulder, co
stringcheese said:
Chipotle Chicken Burrito = $5.57 with drink, after tax

Illegal Pete's Chicken Burrito = $9 something
are you crazy? chipotle is 5.75 with a FREE drink if you are a student. not bad. but theres no way Illegal Petes is 9$. last time i got a chicken burrito and it was like 5.69 or something. a small price to pay for sooo much happiness wrapped up in a tinfoil covering.

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
I do agree with the pricing, IP's is a little pricey, even for Boulder. Last time I went, I got a drink and a Green Chile Burrito, $8 and change. ACK!!!! For those of us that are completely financially destitute, Chipotle wins! For the rest of Boulder (seems to be everyone but me) enjoy your unearned "Happy Endings"

Oh the suffering we'll endure for bikes......

Ok maybe not destitute but...........

See what you've done here Spomer!!!! Gone and spread enmity and discord though our little world, go back to your crazy Austrian run state, and leave us alone!!! ;)

:drool: Screw you all, I'm stuck on campus for another 4 hours and that thread just made me more hungry then them starving ethernopians.

When I get out of class i'm going to get a green chili burrito from petes and a carnitas fajita from chipotle, then i'm gonna rap the two up in an even bigger tortilla and have myself the greatest one man burrito eating festival this land has ever seen.:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

If the Joy is just to much and I cant go on living, Joey(Ride Fast) you can have my south park DVD collection.