Quantcast

Proportion of time on stupidity?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I just had this moment of clarity here at work.

I've been here for 2.5 hours already everything I've done so far is either:

a) Not my responsibility, but won't get done if I leave it to those responsible or,

b) Stupid formality paperwork BS that noone believes in but does just because the "upper management" says so.

So, this will take the rest of my morning putting me at 50% for today. Overall this week, I'd say I'm at least at 25%.

I usually just chug along to keep things moving here at site, but I've just become sick of it all of the sudden.

If I get any lip from that cow in "purchasing" today, I'm going to lose it and take a dump in her water cooler.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
b) Stupid formality paperwork BS that noone believes in but does just because the "upper management" says so.
A lot of this paperwork is done to create a paper trail, so if there is a situation down the road months or years from now, they will be able to go back through their archives to confirm what did/didn't happen. It's mostly just a CYA task.

At my company and any company that does design/production work this is crucial, especially when it comes to IP.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
If I get any lip from that cow in "purchasing" today, I'm going to lose it and take a dump in her water cooler.
Make hot dogs. Isn't that what they usually do with cow lips?

I'm still covering for the dumb bitch who took over the dept. I used to run 3 YEARS AGO. I have taken to documenting the stupidity and CCing her supervisor. Corporate BS.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
A lot of this paperwork is done to create a paper trail, so if there is a situation down the road months or years from now, they will be able to go back through their archives to confirm what did/didn't happen. It's mostly just a CYA task.

At my company and any company that does design/production work this is crucial, especially when it comes to IP.
Oh, I'm fully aware of the paper trail requirements. But having worked in aerospace for a while, I guess I've developped an appreciation for a MEANINGFUL paper trail. What we do here is garbage in, garbage out, with deadlines. It is angering.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
I thought this was going to be a thread about living with MMike...

Ha! *Zing*

My day so far (1.5 hours) has consisted of bringing all my machines online, drinking some OJ, getting coffee with a bud at the Starbucks that's furthest away from my office, drinking the coffee while chatting with said bud, surfing teh Monkay for about an hour, and I don't expect this trend to change throughout the day.... lucky me.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I'm officially asking for pictures.

Pictures of what, the cow, or DaPeach droppin a steamer into the cooler ?

If it's the latter, I'm sure there is a web site out there that will fill that need. Or DirtMcDooky would probably be more than happy to show you his gallery of toilet fish photography.

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
Pictures of what, the cow, or DaPeach droppin a steamer into the cooler ?

If it's the latter, I'm sure there is a web site out there that will fill that need. Or DirtMcDooky would probably be more than happy to show you his gallery of toilet fish photography.
To be precise I would like a picture of the steamer floating around in the water tank, with the fatty in the background with a shocked expression on her face.

This would amuse me.

Dirt has already offered to share his waste with me via text message, I respectfully declined.