Quantcast

Props to CC for the DB

I've been around a while but I'm not just an internet kind of guy, so I guess you can call me a lurker if you want, but I wanted to give PROPS to Malcolm and the cats at Cane Creek.

I fitted my new Intense 951 with DB (after years of being a loyal Push Fox user), but wasn't getting the performance I was expecting. I even came and read different threads here and at other sites. I came off of a M6 that was PLUSH!! So I was somewhat surprise when the 951 wasn't feeling right, now I realize that the 951 isn't going to ride like the M6.

Anyway, back to the point. One phone call to Cane Creek and it was all explained to me the entire (short) history of the 951 and the DB, the feedback from the CRC team, etc. I was given some recommended settings and I have to say, it feels absolutely fantastic.

Cane Creek is head and shoulders above anything out there right now, not just the shock itself, but customer service, the quality and workmenship. Top notch company!!

Go on and hate if you must, but I just wanted to pass on some positive vib to a company and product that is treating me extremely well. Not enough of that much anymore these days.

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Another satisfied customer here. Great shock, and great service/tech support!!!!!

Last edited:

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Top support from Malcolm here too. Funny thing about that shock is that you don't realize how well and how much it's working until you go back to something else.

Just curious, what kind of settings did they recommend for the 951?

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
QUOTE Top support from Malcolm here too. Funny thing about that shock is that you don't realize how well and how much it's working until you go back to something else.

Too true. I thought it was pretty good until i put my Pushed Roco WC back on to compare...Damn the CCDB is glued!

Top support from Malcolm here too. Funny thing about that shock is that you don't realize how well and how much it's working until you go back to something else.

Just curious, what kind of settings did they recommend for the 951?
I'll post them up as to what mine are set at, but it'll have to be early next week when I get back home. Of course it's going to be different from rider to rider but it should provide a decent baseline I would think.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
There is a reason they know the recommended settings on the 951, and is another reason Malcolm and Cane Creek kick ass.
My buddy bought a 951 that he was not going to be able to build for a while, and when he called Malcolm to order a DB for it, they worked out a deal where he sent the frame in, and CC tested the DB on it and played around with the settings and spring rates etc....
They also told him which geometry setting the shock worked the best at, and told him what travel length to keep it in (8 instead of 8.5 if I am remembering correctly).

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Great support here too, i HAD the first attempt at a DB on a demo 9, they sent it to me with all the correct fittings, and it fit, however with the sideways play the odd bearings had, it would rub the cage on the frame, Malcolm hooked me up and let me return it for full value even though it looked like ****. did not end up fitting, but they were great to let me try. Before i sent it back i dremoled a little bit of where it was rubbing but still couldnt get it wide enough, so incase anybody feels crafty on a demo 9, probably wont happen.

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
There is a reason they know the recommended settings on the 951, and is another reason Malcolm and Cane Creek kick ass.
My buddy bought a 951 that he was not going to be able to build for a while, and when he called Malcolm to order a DB for it, they worked out a deal where he sent the frame in, and CC tested the DB on it and played around with the settings and spring rates etc....
They also told him which geometry setting the shock worked the best at, and told him what travel length to keep it in (8 instead of 8.5 if I am remembering correctly).
I think I know that dude. And you are correct, the CC boys recommend running it in the 8" setting.:thumb:

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
So here's my positive contribution to the forum for the week before I go back to making the usual ass out of myself:

Just another note supporting CC. Had a rebuild done under warranty, with SUPER fast turnaround and replacement parts at no charge. Absolutely A+ service from Malcolm and CC. They will be keeping my business in the future so long as the frames can fit the shock.

Top performing product and top service behind it. Absolutely worth the money as a long term owner. Thanks CC!