Quantcast

protection

mtnbiker7

Monkey
May 22, 2007
New Jersey
I've never been to Diablo and i cant afford a Jersey and shorts, but ill buy one(Fox Blitz) what gives you more protection or is better to bring.

Apr 28, 2006
North White Plains, NY
If you can't really afford a good set of shorts or a jersey you may want to consider the 661 Padded Undershorts. The jersey really does nothing for protection (assuming you are wearing full upper body armor, chest, back and full arms), but a good pair of shorts will not only provide scraping protection, but a degree of protection against impaling and impacts in general. The 661 Padded Shorts go for $59.95 retail and are cheaper than most shorts (well at least Fox, Core Rat and TLD). They may look a little goofy, but you'll defanitley appreciate the added protection. I'd feel fine in those and longer canvas or denim (or any thicker material) shorts riding anywhere.

PCinSC

Chimp
Jun 17, 2007
I've never been to Diablo and i cant afford a Jersey and shorts, but ill buy one(Fox Blitz) what gives you more protection or is better to bring.
I'm a beginner downhiller and just took my first trip to Diablo last weekend. I wouldn't recommend anything less than a full-face helmet, knee/shin pads and upper body armor for a beginner riding on that mountain. Rent if you have to, but get yourself protected because you will take tumble at some point, and those rock gardens hurt. The $300 investment I made in a FF, leg protection and armor was well worth it once I did I my first combat roll through the rocks. I also picked up a TLD Jersey for cheap and just wore some old baggy Nike cargo shorts.