Quantcast

Prototype Mini-DH bike

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
When I was at Sea Otter, poaching the course with my camera stuff to find another spot to shoot, I came across a trail through the bushes, that lead under the fence by the s-turn.

photo by Ian Wilkinson - http://downhillnews.com

I followed it for probably 3 miles (why not?). Then the trail turned to gnarly singletrack which was much rougher and harder to ride than the all mountain trails in Santa Barbara. This was a 25:36 minute run to the bottom, a flat canyon shaded by trees. That trail was longer then those quick trails in Santa Barbara and took a lot more fitness to ride. Luckily, I was in excellent shape and on the right bike. I saw a booth. Another venue area? Nope, there was only one booth. WTF? I thought this must be like the hidden Evil booth at Interbike.

I got closer and saw it was the Santa Barbara Bikes booth. There were some people behind the trailer and a huge pile of beer cans and bottles was visible looking under it. They must be from IV? I was able to take a few snap shots and measure their new mini dh bike, the Bullit dh quickly before they came back to the cooler for moar beer. The HA was 64* and the BB, 13.8".

It had what looked to be a 2011 Rockshocks Bokser WC, that was Pushed? I guess Santa Barbara wanted to get as much performance out of a prototype fork as they could so they sent it to Push or they were drunk at the time... Yeah, I don't know... Even the Roco WC was pushed. I don't know why they are using such old cranks either. I looked at some papers they had lying around and I think it's going to be in production in 2011.

Here's the gallery with a few more shots, http://gallery.pbmedia.us/p598468162/h2aad255f#h2aad255f .

Last edited:

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
He created a fake narrative about his bike, which he made custom stickers for, hence the "Santa Barbara Bikes" thing...

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I don't think they will come in Rootbeer. They are trying to get back to the racing and away from the whole freehuck scene that that Santa Cruz company started. It's a 8.5 x 2.5 Roco with a spacer under the bottom out bumper.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I bet Rufus could make those bokster decals

awesome bike though, liking that geo
They are probably trademarked. :D Thanks! Hopefully SB Bikes doesn't find this thread. I forgot to mention that I also had enough time to setup a scale that I happened to have in my backpack and weigh it. It's 37lbs.