Quantcast

PSA - Brand New Fox DOSS posts ~$222

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
UPDATE: Fox is asking $222 for a non-repair.

Sent my DOSS in for a rebuild finally; it was working fine, but my fork needed to go in and I've never had the post serviced before. Talked to the Fox rep today and he said that due to the new model coming out they were just selling off new DOSS's for $90. They're not bothering to work on the ones that come in, they just sell you a new one for the service price. So if you're in need of another post give them a call. I know a lot of people were turned off by the remote mounted above the bar (required for 2x unless you run grip shift), but if you're running 1x it's a non-issue (in fact its better then the Southpaw on my LEV).

Last edited:

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
He told me they were selling them at the repair price, I didn't think to ask at the time how much one would be if I called out of the blue. He did say say they were really working at clearing them out and are selling them for "a really good price". I'd just call Fox US and tell them a friend bought one for $90 and you want to as well.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
The DOSS post is horrible, using it makes it obvious that the technology inside is no more advanced than a scaled up PEZ dispenser - and you don't even get candy out of it, just a sore anus.

On the bright side it's really heavy, so it can aid braking performance by acting as a boat anchor when you throw it off your bike in disgust.