used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Phwoar, the sexy!
1713696767368.png

35% off a good number of Nicolai frames-

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I have a bunch of sdg saddles to pass along. Any recommendation on where to put them? Got them on ebay years ago.

IMG_9647.jpeg

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
419$ Status frames!
lots of spesh stuff on sale. their 2fo DH shoes are on sale for $50 (both clip and flat versions), at that price i'm super tempted to pick up a backup pair or 2.

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Specialized fire sale has been going on for the past year or so, no end in sight.

New Epic release was delayed due to massive inventory of the prior version, new Enduro was supposed to be released a while back but same story.

That Status frame/shock deal for $420 is insane!

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
The rumor mill says Specialized is spending more than a million bucks a month just on warehouse space for all the product they are holding back.

I wonder how that vacum cleaner salesman ceo of theirs is enjoying his new role?

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
Those Status frames were never available in Canada, and can't be shipped from online US dealers unfortunately/fortunately.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
I was having a conversation with a buddy who used to work for Spec, talking about the impending new Stumpjumper and SJ Evo, which will share frame design with the updated Levo SL. We agreed that they're going to have a hell of a time selling those because the nothing about the bike itself will change on the non-motorised version. The geo of the current SJ Evo is pretty typical/in line with current trends, so it can't change much. It's kinematics are not very progressive (especially the mullet version), but the updated Levo SL got even slightly less progressive than the old version, so that's likely to improve. It'll be interesting to see how much of a struggle they have trying to unload all the new ones on top of the pile of old ones, considering they won't have a motor power increase of 80% to lean on.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I was having a conversation with a buddy who used to work for Spec, talking about the impending new Stumpjumper and SJ Evo, which will share frame design with the updated Levo SL. We agreed that they're going to have a hell of a time selling those because the nothing about the bike itself will change on the non-motorised version. The geo of the current SJ Evo is pretty typical/in line with current trends, so it can't change much. It's kinematics are not very progressive (especially the mullet version), but the updated Levo SL got even slightly less progressive than the old version, so that's likely to improve. It'll be interesting to see how much of a struggle they have trying to unload all the new ones on top of the pile of old ones, considering they won't have a motor power increase of 80% to lean on.
Also good luck selling when everyone who wants a Specialized will have just bought one for half price.

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
Shit at that price you could buy it for the shock, sell the frame for $150 on Facebook, and sell your old shock for whatever.

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018
What Spez 2FO Roost flats work best for tropical weather? There's a canvass type, full synthetic upper, and the regular textile and leather variant which are supposed to be light as well.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
4X bikes fuckin rule! BECAUSE they're not modern.. Big long moden ugly wheelsize barges are fucking horrible for the sort of riding a nice short travel 26" bike excells at.

Rode this modern piece of shit into work this morning thinking it'd be fun.
_20240427_153659.JPG

Compared to my 26" Dartmoor 4X it's just a fucking chore.
I really want to like it. But the stupid 445mm reach 27.5 wheels and 425mm chainstay mean I just don't.

Last edited:

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
What Spez 2FO Roost flats work best for tropical weather? There's a canvass type, full synthetic upper, and the regular textile and leather variant which are supposed to be light as well.
I've been running the canvas options for a couple years here in Queensland and they pretty good. On my second set now, will probably get more soon. They breathe as well or better than the Freeriders but seem more durable. They also dry overnight which my old Impacts never could.

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018
I've been running the canvas options for a couple years here in Queensland and they pretty good. On my second set now, will probably get more soon. They breathe as well or better than the Freeriders but seem more durable. They also dry overnight which my old Impacts never could.
Thank you! Did you use the Specialized website's shoe size guide when choosing what size to buy?

Last edited: