Quantcast

PSA (Public Service Announcement)

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Can everyone PLEASE try not to stand in the middle of the trail (or worse, walking back up ON the trail) when hanging out, relaxing, or looking at the next feature/drop/trail/etc? I almost hit at least one person just standing in the middle of the trail, and hate having to thread my way through half a dozen (or more) people grouped at the top of Alpine. It's simple, when you stop to take a breather, just move off to the side of the trail.

Thank you, now please return to your normal programming. :)

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Can everyone PLEASE try not to stand in the middle of the trail (or worse, walking back up ON the trail) when hanging out, relaxing, or looking at the next feature/drop/trail/etc? I almost hit at least one person just standing in the middle of the trail, and hate having to thread my way through half a dozen (or more) people grouped at the top of Alpine. It's simple, when you stop to take a breather, just move off to the side of the trail.

I don't mind weaving through a few people at a trailhead, but the stopping the in trail was a bit ridiculous at some points. I almost hit someone who was standing on top of the tabletop under the lift.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
weaving through a couple people, but when it's a traffic jam due to people just standing around talking it gets a little annoying. that turn into Alpine is one of the best (and only) flat track corners on the entire mountain, and skipping Chute so you get some speed into Alpine sets you up perfectly for the speed and flowyness.

don't mind waiting my turn if people are waiting to sesh it, but if people are just standing around can't they just do it off to one side??

Apr 16, 2006
Golden, CO
One place i noticed alot of people stopping at was at the bottem of Alpine after the hippish jump, where it sends you to the berm that shoots you into either the progression drops or the 10 foot table. It's pretty bad really and there was always people just standing there, waiting for i dunno what. I wiped out once because they were right at the landing of the hippish jump, and bruised my hip pretty bad trying to avoid them. shoulda just plowed 'em haha.

So basically stay WaYYY off the trail if your gonna converse, or just talk at the bottem of the mtn, or on the lift, like everyone else. Trails are for riding, not observing unless your purely a spectator.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey

LOL...

This reminds me of the time I almost decapitated some guy sitting down, eating his lunch on the backside of a big mogul on the Belt Parkway trail at Hunter Mt.... I was snowboarding, and was going to squash the last mogul to spin frontside 180 and right when I got to the lip, I see this guy's head... so I popped it at the last minute and just BARELY got the base of my board over his head... what an idiot... :biggrin:

Let's not let that happen at Diablo folks. Use your heads and be smart - you wouldn't stop your car in the middle of the highway and get out to walk around for a breather and some pics... don't do the same thing on the trails.

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
yea.. whenever I stop my bike goes in the woods and I chill way off the trail, I could see it being annoying but luckly I have never come close to plowing someone.