Quantcast

PSA: X-Fusion RV1 - $559.99

mrgto

Monkey
Aug 4, 2009
:eek:
If I hadn't just bought a Boxxer for the wife's DH bike, I'd be all over that.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
That's the older one with the twin tube/semi-open bath damper. Their RoughCut damper for it is equivalent to a Fit or Charger damper (bladder w/high and low comp adjusters).

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
I haven't seen the RV1 shipped with the Roughcut yet, seems like it's still aftermarket for now, but it's likely coming. Pricing on the new damper for the 34mm forks is $200, I'd expect something in the same ballpark for the RV1.

Last edited:

troy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 3, 2008
Like @Kanye West said, it is an open bath version. Roughcut dampers for that fork were available from January 2017 and they are a huge improvement (not saying that the open bath damper sucks, as ppl actually liked it).

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Like @Kanye West said, it is an open bath version. Roughcut dampers for that fork were available from January 2017 and they are a huge improvement (not saying that the open bath damper sucks, as ppl actually liked it).
Have you experienced aeration issues with their open bath damper?

Last edited:

troy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 3, 2008
Yeah, it is not open bath per say, more like a separate open bath style cartridge. Still, not a pressurized cart like the Roughcut, FIT or Charger dampers. @djjohnr not me, but a friend of mine had some issues with loosing rebound damping on his metric (IIRC) fork with this damper. Apart from that situation, I haven't heard anything bad about those forks.

EDIT:
I think it was an Vengeance fork.

Last edited:

mrgto

Monkey
Aug 4, 2009
I've got a 2013 Vengeance that I pulled out of the parts bin to use on my Chromag. Ive done minimal maintenance and the rebound still makes a very marked difference in the forks behavior.

The plus side of these forks are that Avalanche does tuning for this damper for $199

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
I know a few guys on Vengances with no issues, however the damper upgrades from X-Fusion tend to be reasonably priced if you do run into problems.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I know a few guys on Vengances with no issues, however the damper upgrades from X-Fusion tend to be reasonably priced if you do run into problems.
No strange noises coming from where the stanctions go into the crown? I remember they had that issue. Structurally no problem but annoying

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
No strange noises coming from where the stanctions go into the crown? I remember they had that issue. Structurally no problem but annoying
I meant with the damper; yeah, CSU creaking happened for some people (not within my crew though). Supposedly their newer crowns fixed it. Fox had/has similar issues as well, although I've never run into it with my forks.

Last edited:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I meant with the damper; yeah, CSU creaking happened for some people (not within my crew though). Supposedly their newer crowns fixed it. Fox had/has similar issues as well, although I've never run into it with my forks.
Isn't it the same factory? Or do they produce for someone else? I know a friend a mine ordered quite a few for test bikes and they all had that issue though I liked how they worked.

mrgto

Monkey
Aug 4, 2009
The only issue I've ever had was that the damper was loud when you had things dial up. Changing the fluid out seem to help but I think it is just how the thing works.

For the money it's probably been one of the best forks I've owned. I think I got it for less than $500 new. It was trouble free and maintaining the fork was dead easy. I'll ride it till it either dies or I can't get parts for it.

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
i cant get the multi quote to save my god damn life. But my vengeance is not an open bath fork? from what I under stand its a 'sealed twin tube' design. If its open bath, can someone please explain? when I did the seals on my fork there was no oil coming out of the damper. I don't know/understand half the shit you guys talk about when it comes to this stuff.

with that said, why in the hell are these deals on DH forks, but I cant find shit for deals for a 34/35mm 29er fork. is all the flext 32mm crap.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
The only issue I've ever had was that the damper was loud when you had things dial up. Changing the fluid out seem to help but I think it is just how the thing works.

For the money it's probably been one of the best forks I've owned. I think I got it for less than $500 new. It was trouble free and maintaining the fork was dead easy. I'll ride it till it either dies or I can't get parts for it.
:stupid:
I'd still be riding mine 1) if it didn't have that terrible creak/click that was driving me nuts 2) if it was a little lighter. Other than that, no issues - was very reliable, dead simple to service, oil change in the cartridge was trivial. The rebound was noisy because inverted at the top of the stanchion.

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast

my room mate and I both managed to buy good condition air HLR vengeances for 200 shipped to our door. they are fantastic forks. hell, he even got his in a straight 1-1/8. I will never get rid of mine, overkill for my DJ, but I like the stiffness.

tacubaya

Monkey
Dec 19, 2009
Mexico City
i cant get the multi quote to save my god damn life. But my vengeance is not an open bath fork? from what I under stand its a 'sealed twin tube' design. If its open bath, can someone please explain? when I did the seals on my fork there was no oil coming out of the damper. I don't know/understand half the shit you guys talk about when it comes to this stuff.

with that said, why in the hell are these deals on DH forks, but I cant find shit for deals for a 34/35mm 29er fork. is all the flext 32mm crap.
Its an inception damper. The damper is enclosed in another tube so the damper fluid is independent to the lower leg lubrication fluid, but it is still an open bath in the sense that the damper fluid is being expelled and sucked into the damper continuously.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
there's a guy on pinkbike that has one, but he has some pretty neat toys. I think it was on the front of his ti honzo. Never seen one elsewhere.

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
Its an inception damper. The damper is enclosed in another tube so the damper fluid is independent to the lower leg lubrication fluid, but it is still an open bath in the sense that the damper fluid is being expelled and sucked into the damper continuously.
I see now. thank you.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
the revel? when I called early last year to order seals for my vengeance, I asked about it; I was told they were built to order and are the in the neighborhood of 2k.
i remember looking within the last few months and it wasn't even listed on their website. that was a fork i was always curious about.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
its on their website now. i was wondering if it got stuck in development hell.
@ZoRo might chime in, but if i remember what he told me correctly, it was too expensive to produce and they decided to not do it in large numbers. i.e. you have to know someone.

mrgto

Monkey
Aug 4, 2009
Or the dentists of the world should buy them up so production costs will go down.

I would love to try one. Inverted forks work well on every motorcycle I've owned.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I have a Vengeance and it has been a great fork. Buttery smooth, good mid-support and needed minimal maintenance.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I have a Vengeance and it has been a great fork. Buttery smooth, good mid-support and needed minimal maintenance.
It is a great fork, the noise is a non issue performance wise. I have tested a few bikes with it and it was surprisingly good.