Quantcast

Pure sex!!!

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I saw this image on Velonews the other day that reminded me what a proper TT bike should look like:

Made to measure with aerodynamics, power production and handling balanced out optimally.

As simple as possible. As cheap as possible. A bike for real racing.

The rider accounts for 75% of drag.

These modern bikes that are designed and marketed for 40 year old amateur triatheletes with erectile dysfunction and more money than common sense are so full of hype, misinformation and bull**** "science" that offends rationality add nothing to the sport except unnecessary expense.

Even at the domestic professional level the same riders will win a race no matter what bike they are riding

All this ugliness and waste of resources for the sake of a few more dollars going into the pockets of the largest bike companies as they sell inconsequential improvements to people who don't need them is obscene.

I dig the F1 aspect of this stuff(which is important to half of one percent of all professional racers) but golly, i sure do resent how ugly and expensive the damn things are.

These bikes like the Shiv, Giant, Scott, Walser- they can stay.
These damn "organic" looking industrial design nightmares with "sexy curves" and "power bulges" just make me want to... rant on the internet.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I have a few friends who are downhill racers that work at tri-specific shops.

You should hear the stories.
$6000 bikes with carbon wheels and tubular as dedicated training(as in on a stationary trainer) bikes... It only gets worse from there.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
The amount of time it takes to deal with neurotic rich people is mindblowing.
Expect phonecalls 3 times a day and constant emails.
Everytime I've tried to work with a Swiss-Banker type the amount of time that I've had to spend interacting with them has eroded my profits considerably.
It's something you have to experience to believe.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Everytime I've tried to work with a Swiss-Banker type the amount of time that I've had to spend interacting with them has eroded my profits considerably.
Dammit if they're going to spend $6k too much on a training bike they want to be damn sure they get the right one.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Seriously. It's incredible. I sold a guy a pair of identical Orbea Orcas with DA 7900, 404 tubies, etc so he could have one at both of his houses, and even the second one after he HAD OWNED THE EXACT SAME FVCKING BIKE FOR MONTHS took forever.

Apr 22, 2008
Rotorua, NZ
Looking at current wind tunnel info on latest TT rigs I dont see any skinny steel aero tube bikes. Most are carbon, very expensive. Curious to see how much drag well made round tube steel bike has compared to latest crop of TT rigs. Talk about bad joke to consumers if all this time round skinny tubes have lower wind drag. Position & body type definetly key to this discipline, & power of course.

Attachments