Quantcast

Push Industries and why you need them

Gun Show

Chimp
Apr 21, 2004
Southern California
Hi Monkeys,

I never post on this site, but something happened to me this week that compels me to spread the word.

I had Push Industries build me a shock for my Turner DHR and
an air shock for my Rail. The results.....all I can say is, skip a meal
don't buy beers for a month, and do what ever it takes to get your shock done by these guys.

I visited thier shop in Irvine to see what these guys really do to the shock. On the Turner DHR the change was huge. Push changes both valves for compression and rebound. What this does is make rebound and compression completely independent of each other. So you can pedal your ass off and have maximal pedal efficiency and at the same time " Fronj" a 10 foot drop to flat and never touch bottom. Also the holes that all the oil flows through are completely different and allows for maximum shock efficiency. The moving parts inside the shock are all hard coated
so it will never wear down or loose the qualities I just mentioned.
The seals and other custom high end parts are truly the icing on the cake.

My air shock on my Rail is off the chart insane. Seriously, at the BMX track It felt like I was on a hard tail, until I kooked out and 50-50 a double. (Actually it was more like a 80-20) I was lucky to get my front tire over. At 230lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal
the Push air shock felt progressive enough to take the hit anyway and keep me sprinting through my inability to clear the jump.

If anyone ever wants to try out my Rail or DHR, I'm always at Hollywoodsports on Wednesday nights, www.hollywoodsports.com or Big Bear most weekends.

Check us out at www.dhracers.com

Brett

Report this

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Sounds like good stuff. I would really be suprised if anything could work better than my 5th, but I keep hearing good stuff about these guys and I'm open minded.

Hey PUSH ! How about hooking me up with a demo for my 9point5?

EP?

Gun Show

Chimp
Apr 21, 2004
Southern California
The answer to all the inquiries:

Yes, my bike is the one pictured with the external reservoir.
This shock will never be available for production. It is a one time race only production limited run of about 15 shocks that will ever be produced.

I had the Romic last year and it is truly an awesome shock. The biggest difference with the Push as compared to the Romic is that rebound and compression are completely independent in the Push shock. Both shocks feel the same in the parking lot, but the Push will pedal better in sprints and feel bottomless on the big hits. I can assure you it is the next level of performance.

If you ride your bike more than once a week or just want added
performance. It's worth every dime....and a can of corn.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Originally posted by Gun Show

I had the Romic last year and it is truly an awesome shock. The biggest difference with the Push as compared to the Romic is that rebound and compression are completely independent in the Push shock.
Since the romic compression ajusts low-speed compression (with a blowoff obviously), it is a seperate adjustment from rebound, and does not affect it. I can't think of many shocks that have compression and rebound adjustments that are not independant, they usually are totally independant of each other.

Hopefully the biggest difference is reliabilty. :cool:

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
Originally posted by Jm_
I can't think of many shocks that have compression and rebound adjustments that are not independant, they usually are totally independant of each other.

Fox's, even Avys have the 'common bleed', which means theres somewhat of an interdependance, although hell if i can tell.

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
Originally posted by Joe Pozer
there needs to be more people like you around./B]

i just think sponsored riders should be blatantly obvious about their connections before plugging a product.

i don't doubt PUSH does wonders to a fox. i'd try it. i just read his review, was super stoked, then barely figured out he rides for them. doesn't mean what he says isn't true, it just turned me off.

sidenote...
OH CRAP RUMSFELD IS GETTING YELLED AT BY HIPPIES!!!

Jul 17, 2003
Salt Lake City
VDub and Krispy have both Pushed out some of their shocks and thus far have been super impressed with the results. Has anybody seen one of the rebuilt shocks with the ti-nitride shaft? I've yet to have somebody pony up and buy it on top of the standard gutting and rebuild.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
yeah, too bad my bike has a 5th, cause if it had an RC I'd probably "push" it. :D Not that I think the 5th is better...but I ain't giving up a $500 shock.

Incubus

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
Boston, MA
Funny that this thread pops up today seeing that I just got my Pushed RC just minutes ago.

I weigh 200 and ride a bike with a 3:1 leverage ratio. I have free ride valving... I can barely compress the shock myself. I squeeze and it feels like the shock is full of concrete.

Question for everyone that's already pushed: Is this how yours felt as well?

Gun Show

Chimp
Apr 21, 2004
Southern California
Yes that is how the shock should feel. Play with the rebound and compression and see what is going to work for you based on the trails you are riding. My Rail felt like a hard tail, ...until I cased a jump, and she let me live. It was awesome.

Gun Show

Chimp
Apr 21, 2004
Southern California
Yes I am a team rider,

The operative word is rider. I am fortunate enough to have access to the latest in suspension technology and I want to get the word out on how good it is. Not only do I want to talk about it, but as you read in my post, I have offered my factory rigs available to anyone who wants to try before they buy. If I didn't believe in it or if there were kinks yet to be worked out, I wouldn't have offered.

Most importantly, I want to create awareness that technology is developing and sites like this are the sounding board which many people gather their feedback.

Once again, Big Bear this weekend, or at the National anyone is welcome to ride my rig for themselves and experience the new technology.

I hope this post clearly takes me out of the sponsor Ho' category
and into the simple Bro' category.

Brett

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
Originally posted by Incubus
I have free ride valving... I can barely compress the shock myself.
this seems to be like Avys, where 'freeride' means its valved for super-duper drops, not just frolicking around chutes and ladders. I wish they would have a better description of how the shock will feel, cus it seems the 'DH' or 'DH-racing' tuning would work for most.

Riff Raff

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
Back in Boulder ready ta ride
Originally posted by Gun Show
Yes I am a team rider,

The operative word is rider. I am fortunate enough to have access to the latest in suspension technology and I want to get the word out on how good it is. Not only do I want to talk about it, but as you read in my post, I have offered my factory rigs available to anyone who wants to try before they buy. If I didn't believe in it or if there were kinks yet to be worked out, I wouldn't have offered.

Most importantly, I want to create awareness that technology is developing and sites like this are the sounding board which many people gather their feedback.

Once again, Big Bear this weekend, or at the National anyone is welcome to ride my rig for themselves and experience the new technology.

I hope this post clearly takes me out of the sponsor Ho' category
and into the simple Bro' category.

Brett

Nicely put, I may look you up this weekend for a test ride. I've been toying with the idea of "Pushing" my Fox.

-H

Incubus

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
Boston, MA
Originally posted by zedro
this seems to be like Avys, where 'freeride' means its valved for super-duper drops, not just frolicking around chutes and ladders. I wish they would have a better description of how the shock will feel, cus it seems the 'DH' or 'DH-racing' tuning would work for most.
Hmmm... I hope it works out. Push have a list of the types of valving. I was under the impression that it went from softest to hardest, with XC being on one end and DH being on the other. Trail riding and FR being in the middle. I'm no Wade Simmons when it comes to drops, but it'd be nice for the shock to smooth out the trail a bit too.

In any case, I need to give it a try first... got to get a spring.......

Espen

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Tigerstaden, Norway
Upgraded Vanillas are great for sure. PUSH got great review's so far. I like the feeling of a well constructed shimstack shock.

Some questions/comments:

- Any 3x9.5 awailable? Allmost every new DH bike uses this measures these days.

- No shocks/upgrades awailable for the DHR? A litle strange to use these bikes as test rigs on the shock, if they "never will go into production".

One for DT

Make room for different shocks on next prod run of the DHR!!! (DHX, DHS and others)

Maybe PUSH will make shocks for the next generation DHR's??

E

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by Espen
Upgraded Vanillas are great for sure. PUSH got great review's so far. I like the feeling of a well constructed shimstack shock.

Some questions/comments:

- Any 3x9.5 awailable? Allmost every new DH bike uses this measures these days.

- No shocks/upgrades awailable for the DHR? A litle strange to use these bikes as test rigs on the shock, if they "never will go into production".

E
I'm assuming you just buy a 9.5 x 3.0 RC and send it in. PUSH doesn't "sell" shocks right?

I guess that's one good thing about my 03 DHR. I have a cavernous space for any shock.

Espen

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Tigerstaden, Norway
I dont think Fox makes 3x9.5

Espen

Originally posted by kidwoo
I'm assuming you just buy a 9.5 x 3.0 RC and send it in. PUSH doesn't "sell" shocks right?

I guess that's one good thing about my 03 DHR. I have a cavernous space for any shock.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by Acadian
humm...I never compared the 03 to the 04...is there really more space on the 03?
MUCH.

I'll show you tomorrow.

ESPEN. I'm not sure if you need to custom order them or anything but I'm pretty sure they do exist. I need to call Fox about some other things today. I'll ask.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Originally posted by Incubus

Question for everyone that's already pushed: Is this how yours felt as well?
My shock valved for the disco's 3.4 leverage ratio is almost impossible to compress by hand.

As for this Ti nitrate coated shaft, i didnt even know about it, does anyone have detaisl (pics, cost) im getting a 8.75x2.75 RC pushed for my lambda and this might be another one of those bling things to blow my cash on :cool:

Sgt Brown

Monkey
Feb 19, 2002
Trabuco Canyon, CA
Originally posted by Acadian
humm...I never compared the 03 to the 04...is there really more space on the 03?
Yeah, The fox will fit in an 03'. The first shock we had was tested on Sven's 03 DHR because we didn't need the external resevoir kits yet. We had to make new pieces to fit the 04. The new pieces are differen't than fox which also adds performance. We were going to simply cut the resevoir off and connect them with a steel braided line, but we decided to spend some $$$ and do it push style. No short cuts! It'll be fun watching Darren develop new stuff in the seasons to come. He'd truely a mad scientist. He thinks of some far out sh$%. It's really cool to be involved so early on. He and Push will be around for a long long time.

I am also a sponsored rider by Push. But, to make one thing clear, we choose them, they didn't choose us. Same thing with all our components. We are a small enought team, where we can pick what we want to run because the riders run the team, not the manufacturer trying to make good with the OEMs. So basically we are just riders like you guys who put a team together ourselves. We just want to spead the good word yo'!:)

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Originally posted by Sgt Brown

I am also a sponsored rider by Push. But, to make one thing clear, we choose them, they didn't choose us. Same thing with all our components. We are a small enought team, where we can pick what we want to run because the riders run the team, not the manufacturer trying to make good with the OEMs. So basically we are just riders like you guys who put a team together ourselves. We just want to spead the good word yo'!:)
Preach on brother. We work the same way, and it is a great way to do things. you can wholeheartedly support people that you believe in. :thumb:

Sgt Brown

Monkey
Feb 19, 2002
Trabuco Canyon, CA
Originally posted by Transcend
Preach on brother. We work the same way, and it is a great way to do things. you can wholeheartedly support people that you believe in. :thumb:
Exactly.... The one sponsor we don't have is for Rims. We've tried for 3 years go get Mavic, and they won't do it. We still run Mavic beause we believe they make the best rims. I'd much rather pay for products that work great than get someting free that is just ok. The only excuse we have if we loose is ourselves. The bike is as good or better than anything available, right down to the lock-on grips.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Originally posted by Sgt Brown
Exactly.... The one sponsor we don't have is for Rims. We've tried for 3 years go get Mavic, and they won't do it. We still run Mavic beause we believe they make the best rims. I'd much rather pay for products that work great than get someting free that is just ok. The only excuse we have if we loose is ourselves. The bike is as good or better than anything available, right down to the lock-on grips.
Same deal here with mavic, they said yes, then the local distributor who is in charge of things backed out basically. That blew.:rolleyes:

Besides that we are rockin it.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by ViolentVolante
My shock valved for the disco's 3.4 leverage ratio is almost impossible to compress by hand.

As for this Ti nitrate coated shaft, i didnt even know about it, does anyone have detaisl (pics, cost) im getting a 8.75x2.75 RC pushed for my lambda and this might be another one of those bling things to blow my cash on :cool:
Try taking the spring off first;)

Espen

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Tigerstaden, Norway
I dont think they use the stock shaft, look at the fic from their site of the full race kit.

Originally posted by Brian HCM#1
For a 9.5 x 3, does Push still use the stock shaft? I know on the new Fox DH shock it will be availible in that length.