Quantcast

Push Industries and why you need them

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
Hmmm... Yeti, when my friend had a Super 8, his fox seemed like it always made that slushy noise. Each time it compressed, slurp.. slurp.. when he hit a lip, slurp. But it always felt great, I think it worked for quite a while too. Don't know if he ever had it rebuilt before he sold it.

However, my Fox on my Karpiel started makin the noise when the seals were going out and I noticed traces of dirt gathering around. Maybe you should just call up Push to be sure? They're the only ones who could give you a real answer.

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Originally posted by Yeti DHer
Need some help here guys...

I've ridden a normal fox for 3 years and I don't have any experience with long travel romics,5ths or avys so I don't know how they ride.

I put my pushed shock on the bike and got it dialed to how I like it. I've noticed 3 things...

There is NO bob whatsoever, but this could be because...

1. The spring is too stiff now that I got the shock revalved. Its currently a 700lb but it feels extremely stiff. Do I need a new spring now? 600? 650? Any idea's?

2. The shock makes a big slurping sound. My other fox shocks were always silent unless they were blown or suffering from "cavitation". Is this just the sound the shock makes, or was it assembled wrong?

3. The shock clunks in between the shock being compressed and it rebounding up... Never felt that before... any ideas?

Chris
1- I use the same spring I did before my shock was Pushed. Works for me.

2- My Push has whoooshed since day one. I think it's the fact that for us bigger guys Darren dials in more useful damping, AND the fact that his shocks move MUCH more oil throughout the stroke.

3- I don't have any clunking. Can't help ya there.

Incubus

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
Boston, MA
Originally posted by Yeti DHer
Need some help here guys...

I've ridden a normal fox for 3 years and I don't have any experience with long travel romics,5ths or avys so I don't know how they ride.

I put my pushed shock on the bike and got it dialed to how I like it. I've noticed 3 things...

There is NO bob whatsoever, but this could be because...

1. The spring is too stiff now that I got the shock revalved. Its currently a 700lb but it feels extremely stiff. Do I need a new spring now? 600? 650? Any idea's?

2. The shock makes a big slurping sound. My other fox shocks were always silent unless they were blown or suffering from "cavitation". Is this just the sound the shock makes, or was it assembled wrong?

3. The shock clunks in between the shock being compressed and it rebounding up... Never felt that before... any ideas?

Chris
Chris, I got my shock back from Push two weeks ago. I still haven't ridden it because I'm waiting on a spring.

However, about the spring weight that you should need: In my conversations with Push, they valve the shock according to the spring rate that you indicate on the work sheet. You shouldn't have to go lighter.

Also, I'm 200# and my bike has a leverage ration of 3:1, you're a [much] bigger guy than I am, and I noticed that even my shock was damn near impossible to compress by hand. I'd say that given your weight, it's even stiffer.

I think that the stiffness is an attribute of the SPV. I bolted my springless shock to my RFX and compressed it via the linkage where I could get more leverage and it's definately easier to compress when I jerk the linkage up, rather than trying to slowly compress it. It still requires more effort than I would've guessed though.

Put a spring on there... :eek:

I have the free-ride build.

Hrelp

Chimp
Feb 23, 2004
What on earth are you trying to prove here? You come on all attention horing going look at me and my shiney new push shock. Now your telling people to go ride it. Whats the point? How about you sell me one and i'll show up. If the average rider can't buy it then dont come on here teasin about it. It's not like your doing push a favor as they wont even sell them.
Originally posted by Gun Show
Hey Monkeys,

I'll be at Big Bear all day this Sunday. Just ask me to try out
the Team Honda Turner Bike , Medium DHR with Push Shock. for a run.

See you in Big Bear.

Hrelp

Chimp
Feb 23, 2004
Mine slurps too! Just saying if the spring is twisted on too tight it might make a clunking noise.
Originally posted by Brian HCM#1
My Romic never clunks, it slurps:think:

That sounds too weird:eek: ;)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Originally posted by Hrelp
What on earth are you trying to prove here? You come on all attention horing going look at me and my shiney new push shock. Now your telling people to go ride it. Whats the point? How about you sell me one and i'll show up. If the average rider can't buy it then dont come on here teasin about it. It's not like your doing push a favor as they wont even sell them.
Are you joking?

How about you look at the services the company offers, and understand that you can get all new internals for your RC. Just because the consumer offering doesn't have the spiffy external resivoir doesn't mean that riding one won't give you a good idea of whether or not PUSH's product sucks or if it does what they claim.

Lots of people would kill to ride unreleased products anyway, so it's a generous offer for him to tell people they can ride his shock if they want.

I love to hear about new products, even if I can't own them yet. You'd better quit browsing bike forums forever if you don't want to hear about them - do you simply assume that nobody else is interested, just because you aren't? :rolleyes:

Gun Show

Chimp
Apr 21, 2004
Southern California
This is what I hear from your comments:

Oh, have sex with Pam anderson, If I'm not going to marry her
whats the point. All I can score are clydesdale women 40+.

Drive your ferrari for five minutes as hard as I want with no consequences, whats the point, all thats available to me is my '72
Ford Festiva.

Laugh as hard as I can for five minutes, whats the point
life is miserable and I have a dog to kick at that time anyway.

Life is too short to look through rose colored glasses and always see the negatives of why you can't.

My point is to be facetious to make the point that riding and racing is fun for the moment. Life is to short to waste time with negative thinking.

Big Bear on Sunday!!!

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Hey, on the plus side, you guys seem to have made sense of Hrelp's literary diarrhea; it had me stumped.

MD

Espen

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Tigerstaden, Norway
I would love to test your DHR, burn ferraris or laught, but never even touch a ugly wh.... like Pamela Anderson.

e

Originally posted by Gun Show
This is what I hear from your comments:

Oh, have sex with Pam anderson, If I'm not going to marry her
whats the point. All I can score are clydesdale women 40+.

Drive your ferrari for five minutes as hard as I want with no consequences, whats the point, all thats available to me is my '72
Ford Festiva.

Laugh as hard as I can for five minutes, whats the point
life is miserable and I have a dog to kick at that time anyway.

Life is too short to look through rose colored glasses and always see the negatives of why you can't.

My point is to be facetious to make the point that riding and racing is fun for the moment. Life is to short to waste time with negative thinking.

Big Bear on Sunday!!!

Originally posted by Hrelp
Hey, I'm not usually one to throw knives or get pissy on a msg board, but WTF Hrelp? Push provides a service that apparently, ALOT of people are finding useful. Clearly, Gun Show is quite, maybe even ecsatcially, happy with what Push has been able to provide him and wants to share the virtues of what's being developed with others. Where's the problem with that?

Oh! It's not available to the general public....let's bash it!!

Whatever floats your boat man. One thing in life I've learned is to never say never. I mean, yes, Darren is getting great feedback from the team riders, but how could getting the average joe's input hurt? I would imagine that if the demand was great enough, there might be a shock made available to the public.

Demand dictates supply....