Quantcast

Putting in the time

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Well race season is almost upon us again down here. The first race is on the 31st of this month. I'm a little behind in my training but kicking it into full grear. This is how July went:
7/9 - 7-14 = 2:00 hours saddle time
7/15 - 7/21 = 3:28 saddle time
7/22 - 7/28 = 5:17 saddle time
7/29 - 8/04 = 10:04 saddle time

July should have looked more like the last week up there but that's the way it goes. Going to shoot for 15 this week (it will probably be more like 10 but...) and then back down to 10 until the season starts.
Well see how it goes.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by aragorn
this week you should be riding less; right?
I'm not really sure. I'm going to spend most of the time in the aerobic zone (70 to 80 of hrm) dip down in to recovery maybe once (60 to 70) and then the upper levels a couple of times. It takes the minimum of 2 weeks for the work you do to translate into effective training so I’m going to have to push these next two weeks then go to a medium time/effort before and during the season.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Good luck Ton - it sounds like your season is weird, no? You raced Dec-what, March, and now Sept - what?

My season goes March-October and then I get 4 months "off". No wonder you were feeling burnt out.

You crazy Houston, Texans.:p

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
the fall is kind of an off season series:

August 31 Subaru Texas Championship Downhill, “Mamacita’s Kelly Creek Classic”, Kerrville, TX, Lisa Nye 830-896-6864, hillbike@ktc.com

September 1 Subaru Texas Fall Cup #1, “Mamacita’s Kelly Creek Classic Mountain Bike Festival”, Kerrville, TX, AMBC XC and JOMBS race, Lisa Nye 830-896-6864, hillbike@ktc.com

September 14 & 15, Subaru Texas Fall Cup #2, “The X Bar Shoot Out”; X Bar Ranch, Eldorado, TX, XC; Stan Meador, P.O Box 696, Eldorado, TX 76936, 915-853-2688, info@xbarranch.com, http://www.XBarRanch.com

September 28 & 29, Subaru Texas Fall Cup #3, “The Huntsville Classic” Huntsville State Park, Huntsville TX, XC, Ken at 281-440-6100

October 12 &13, Subaru Texas Fall Cup #4, “ Bryan Texas Utilities Power Pedal Mountain Bike Race”, Lake Bryan, Bryan, TX, XC, Race Director - Don Lewis,
dlewis@btutilities.com, (979)-821-5857

October 26 & 27, Subaru Texas Fall Cup #5, “Piney Hills Fall Classic VIIl “ (AMBC U.S. Finals), Lincoln Parish Park, Ruston, Louisiana, XC and JOMBS race, James Ramsaur, 318-251-5156, park@bayou.com

November 9 & 10, Subaru Texas Fall Cup #6, “The Horney Toad Roundup, Lake Ray Roberts SP, Texas, Clayton Thomas, 972-979-1640. Email: raceseries@dorba.org. www.dorba.org

i'm moving up to sport for the spring champion ship series and need a good winter to do well there so a good fall is a good start.

2003 Spring Championship Series Dates

Feb 2nd - Smithville
Feb 16th - Lajitas
March 2nd - Bar H (St. Jo)
March 16th - Comfort
March 30th - Warda
April 13th - Waco
April 27th - Flat Creek (Johnson City)
May 11th - Tyler/Swan
May 25th - TBA

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Don't burn out on the off season series dude. I know you are very knowledgable about training and stuff, and I don't want to sound like I'm your mom, but careful. I know lately you've been saying you aren't really "into" training...careful.

Moving up to sport huh, COOL!

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by Heidi
Don't burn out on the off season series dude. I know you are very knowledgable about training and stuff, and I don't want to sound like I'm your mom, but careful. I know lately you've been saying you aren't really "into" training...careful.

Moving up to sport huh, COOL!
Na no worries mom, thanks i appreciate your advice and it’s always welcome. Your right.

I'm pretty sure if i stick to my training schedule i can podium and that’s really my goal because I’m pretty sure i wont be able to once i move up, at least for a while. I just don’t want to be dfl, not that there's anything wrong with it, once i get into sport. I also can’t train as hard during the winter because i have athletically induced asthma. I might actually see a doctor about it this winter too who knows.