Quantcast

Question about credit

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
So I'm looking for a new apartment. When I looked for apartments last year my credit was spotless and I had a really high rating.

Now the prospective landlord calls me and says I have a collection notice for 55 bucks from a gas company dated Feb. 23, 2003. I guess it took that long to register on my report? Because it was totally fine last year..

I call the gas company and I realize that it's for the last bill when I moved out of SF. in 2002.

I never received any of their notices, they were never forwarded. I totally would have paid, it's only 55 bucks.

So, of course PG&E 's billing dept. is closed...

So my question is: After I take care of this unpaid bill, what is reflected on my credit report?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
It will show up as a paid collection on your credit. It will stay there for 5 or 7 years depending on your state.

It sucks but if that's the only bad thing on your credit, it probably won't keep you from getting approved for stuff.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Originally posted by Serial Midget
A $55.00 collection is nothing - the prospective landlord really should not be concerned.
Yeah, I don't think she'll really mind that much. It was more of a surprise to me.

I just hate dealing with PG&E, and it kind of sucks that this is on the credit report, for only 55 bucks.

Oh well. **hit happens

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
ask PG&E to remove the collection from your records since it was an honest mistake... perhaps their mistake since you didn't get the final bill?