Quantcast

Question about Paulaner beer

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by BikeGeek
No beer should be served with fruit in it.

Just my opinion.
I would tend to agree with you, however sometimes on a hot summer day the lemon in a bottle of Corona just MAKES it.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Originally posted by BikeGeek
No beer should be served with fruit in it.

Just my opinion.
I agree 100%.

I've always seen lemons served w/ Hefe-Weizen.....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by pnj
I agree 100%.

I've always seen lemons served w/ Hefe-Weizen.....

Yeah, it says lemon's on the website too.
Either way I still don't like Hefe-Weizen

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Paulaner Hefeweizen is perfect just as it is. Why adultrate a delicious product with something that masks its wonderful natural flavor and aroma, and merely for a dubious style advantage? That's like ordering an exquisite filet mignon and dumping Heinz 57 on top. Fvcking heresy, if you ask me. Didn't you all see that Schoolhouse Rock bit "Don't Drown Your Food"?

For a slightly more malty weissbier, try Hacker-Pschorr Dunkel Weizen...one of my personal favorites. :heart:

"I would tend to agree with you, however sometimes on a hot summer day the lemon in a bottle of Corona just MAKES it."

Yeah- makes it taste a little less crappy. Corona is watery pisswill.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by llkoolkeg
Paulaner Hefeweizen is perfect just as it is. Why adultrate a delicious product with something that masks its wonderful natural flavor and aroma, and merely for a dubious style advantage? That's like ordering an exquisite filet mignon and dumping Heinz 57 on top. Fvcking heresy, if you ask me. Didn't you all see that Schoolhouse Rock bit "Don't Drown Your Food"?

For a slightly more malty weissbier, try Hacker-Pschorr Dunkel Weizen...one of my personal favorites. :heart:

"I would tend to agree with you, however sometimes on a hot summer day the lemon in a bottle of Corona just MAKES it."

Yeah- makes it taste a little less crappy. Corona is watery pisswill.

Ha, Corona is... but sometimes it seems to hit the spot for me...

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
being the drunk that I am, I like beer.

all kinds of beer. but I hate corona. (if your buying, i'll drink it...;))

it depends on my mood as to what I want to drink.

all day drinking into the early morning will be some kind of american lager. (black label, PBR, Oly, Rainier, etc)

working in the hot sun, see above.
shoveling snow, I may want a nice microbrew.
cooking turkey dinner, start drinking at 10:00AM probably gunna be microbrew of some sort (probably IPA)

then there is my own brew, usually red ale. yum yum.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Originally posted by arsenic
indeed.

i've always seen the wheat beer served with a lemon. carona served with a lime.

but, just say no to the nasty massssssss producted crap !!

most micro brew is mass produced. for small brewing try doing five gallons in your kitchen. anything else is large.......;)

arsenic

Monkey
May 9, 2004
springfield, va
Originally posted by pnj
most micro brew is mass produced. for small brewing try doing five gallons in your kitchen. anything else is large.......;)
ok ok. *my* definition of mpc then.

last thing i brewed was a cherry beer. didn't turn out half bad. didn't turn out half good either lol. hmmm.... i just may have to get out my brewing supplies again!

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
They always serve me Hefeweizen with a lemon in it, when it is Widmer Brothers it is quite good either way. I prefer unfiltered beer so that is usually the only brand I order.

As far a Mexican suds are concerned, Corona is ghastly no matter what you do to it, so I stick with Modelo Negro.

fonseca

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Virginia
The only reason you'll see it served like that is to keep flies from suiciding in your glass when you're outdoors in the Summer.

BTW, Schoefferhofer Weizens kick Paulaner's arse 10x over. Dunkel for me.

Colin

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
in my tiny apartment
hans2 said:
Have you tried Unibroue's cherry? Woa. It's.....something to be tried.
Didn't realize they made a cherry. I love Maudite, though. But, my last two credit card bills have kept me on the cheap stuff. How is it that now that I'm out of college and working I have less money than when I was in college? :angry:

Big E

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Hell Paso Texas
ok since i live on the border i gotta say somthing about the mexican beer. Corona is just watery piss from the rio grande. Tecate is better yet still watery piss from the Rio Grande but i belive it is filtered for better beer. and Dos Equos is the best i belive. but what do i know. i am drunk right now.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
fonseca said:
The only reason you'll see it served like that is to keep flies from suiciding in your glass when you're outdoors in the Summer.

BTW, Schoefferhofer Weizens kick Paulaner's arse 10x over. Dunkel for me.
How does their dunkelweizen compare with Hacker-Pschorr's? I have never heard of it before much less tried it... I personally haven't tried a hefe better than Paulaner's since my last visit to Bavaria.