Quantcast

Question! Rimset for DJ/4X

samich457

Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Stinkin Lincoln
Im currently building a 4X/DJ bike and I want to build up a light yet strong rimset. I have always ran Atom Lab Trailpimps but they are a little on the heavy side. Any suggestions?

HGR Frucci

Chimp
Feb 18, 2004
K12
Singletracks or Rhino Lites depending on if you are smooth. New 521's (721?) if you got the coin and want the absolute strongest.

i run a pair of rhyno lites XL...make sure you get the XLs and NOT the reg. rhynos.

my wheelset is a testament to wheelbuilding skillz (mine!). it's their 3rd season and still going strong!!!

i love my rhyno lites...but then again i don't case often...but also i'm a wuss, i don't do anything bigger than 15foot doubles.

:D

post a pic of the built bike when you get a chance dude! i'm glad my azonic when to a good home!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i have planet x, and I do not recommend them. Pinch flat easily, even with 2.75 inch tires, heavy, and lots of flat spots. CS sucks too.

I might build up some arrows...they look the dope.

samich457

Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Stinkin Lincoln
post a pic of the built bike when you get a chance dude! i'm glad my azonic when to a good home! [/B][/QUOTE]

I love this thing bro! Im glad I hassled you for a while. It jumps really well. With the wheel set I have on it right now its a little heavy. Ill take good care of it. You healing OK?

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
i'm going to try mavic XYs, picked up my first one today. think 24" only rhynolyte with offset spokes and mavic quality. 57canadian. i've yet to decide what hub im going to use since my current one is leaving with the rest of the bike when i sell it.

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Arrow FRX.

Relatively light yet very very strong. My 240lb hack-ass can't hurt 'em. I also prefer that the rim is littler narrower than most. Means that weight is used to build a tall, strong rim as opposed to a wider, weaker one. The width isn't an issue as you shouldn't run bigger than a 2.4 for DJ/DS/4x anyways.