Quantcast

Question: What dishes exist only because of the microwave?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Skipping any microwave burrito jokes, is there a dish that could not be cooked in a conventional oven?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
actually, one cool thing i just remembered was when a friend of mine took one of those small pencils (the kind you get at golf courses), set it lying on top of a styrofoam cup, and turned the microwave on. sparks shot out either lead end of the pencil.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
actually, one cool thing i just remembered was when a friend of mine took one of those small pencils (the kind you get at golf courses), set it lying on top of a styrofoam cup, and turned the microwave on. sparks shot out either lead end of the pencil.
Its pretty cool if you stick a candy bar with the wrapper on in the microwave too:busted:

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Chicken into rubber.
When I was back home at Christmas my old dear had these chicken in a bag deals. You bung the bastard in the microwave for 45 minutes and they come out perfect, tender as. Double bagged (hehe) open one when you put it in and it steams away, very tasty indeed, skin and all. Must have been you Americans that invented them I'm sure. I'm sold.:thumb: