Quantcast

Question...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I thought that was only here in the US. Isn't the drive side in the UK and parts of Canada on the left?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Originally posted by Mitch
Call me stupid (everyone else does!) but could you elaborate?
Well, just 'cause the hubs are designed to ratchet in that direction. A different hub mechanism and you could easily have a left side drive, if you have a frame designed for it.

But they have to standardize it, otherwise you'd have to buy certain parts for different frames - frames have to be designed with one side drive or the other in mind.

I'm not sure what the actual logic for the right hand side was. Other than most people are right hand/right foot dominant so that might be why.. ??

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
it's on the right side because if you abbreviate right side drive it's RSD the other side would be LSD which is a hallucienogenic (sp?) drug and nobody can ride well when hallucienating (sp?).

Mitch

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
PEI, Canada
Originally posted by Kornphlake
it's on the right side because if you abbreviate right side drive it's RSD the other side would be LSD which is a hallucienogenic (sp?) drug and nobody can ride well when hallucienating (sp?).
Your having a long day too eh? :D

Incubus

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
Boston, MA
Originally posted by Mitch
Thanks for the input, just killing the last hour at work. Almost time to start abusing liqour!
Why wait? A little how-do-you-do in the coffee mug won't hurt anybody. Unless of course you operate heavy machinery. If that's the case, then use your thermos instead. :)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by Kornphlake
the other side would be LSD which is a hallucienogenic (sp?) drug and nobody can ride well when hallucienating (sp?).

Oh if you only knew about the first time I ever went trailriding on a mountain bike...................

.:cool: :thumb: :nuts: :nopity: :blah: :sneaky: :drool:
:devil: :love: :dancing: :evil: :think: :nopity: :blah: :sneaky: :heart: :oink: :nopity: :nope: :nuts: :redX: :stupid: :oink: :blah: :evil: :think: :dead: :confused: :devil: :angry: :monkey: :monkey: :help: :heart: :sneaky: :think: :evil: :dancing: :nopity: :blah: :oink: :thumb: :eek: :think: :sneaky: :blah: :oink: :thumb: :nope: :nuts: :eviltongu :drool: