Quantcast

Quick HOPE brake Question

mental

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
Nelson, BC
I've currently got a Hope M4 brake (#3 caliper) and 205mm rotor. I'd like to put the brake on a Boxxer but can't get a new caliper half for another week or two.

Here's the question - Can I run a Boxxer to 8inch Hayes mount, then run my Sherman 20mm 205mm Hope adapter (part # HBSM20H) .

Please don't preach that I shouldn't run 2 adapters etc, I'd rather take my chances with the dodgy adapters, than try to ride sans front brake!

And not riding just ain't an option!

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
here's an idea, try it and see if it works. If you already have the adaptors and such and you're really itching to ride, why wait around for a reply.

I hate hopes just because they have too many adaptors and caliper halves. Why not just make one caliper and a half dozen adaptors and call it good like every other company.

mental

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
Nelson, BC
That's the thing, I didn't have the Boxxer to Hayes adapter and would have to purchase one. That's why I was asking - to prevent the trip and the hassle.

I stopped by the LBS at lunch and it's a no go.

If you can find the old school 6 inch Boxxer adapter it would fit, but those are few and far between. The 8 inch adapter is just too much.

Screw it, I just ordered a new half caliper and I'll pick it up this weekend.

Thanks anyway!

AA_Freeze

Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
Ferndale,Wa
You can run the Shimano Boxxer to I.S adapter with your #3 caliper. The adapter is setup to run the standard M755 Shimano Caliper to 203mm , so should work no problem.