Quantcast

Quick Question

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by DirtBagDude
no...the actual travel of the shock is .05 inches less, and the bike FSR susension could exagerate that (I think)...
no one makes a 2.3 shock. the spring might say "450 x 2.3" but it's a 2.25" stroke shock methinks. same with "2.8" springs/2.75" stroke shocks.

however, if you truly do have a 2.3" stroke shock, then the travel you'd get by switching to a 2.25" stroke shock would be:

[total travel] x 2.25 / 2.3

and the travel you'd lose would be the total travel minus the above result

edit: skool is hard

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
According to that formula assuming that you have a 6" travel bike you would loose exactly: NOT ENOUGH TO WORRY.

Frame designers fudge travel numbers anyways so the real argument should be what travel do i really have, because to really worry about it you must know (its the unkown in your math problem) Now of you were adding .5" of stroke or more then you'd have something to chew on.

This is off topic sorta, but you wanna have some fun with lenght conversions? Co here: http://www.onlineconversion.com/length_all.htm . I was gonna be a real smart ass and convert everything into military pace [double time], but i got bored. 1" BTW is (1 inch [international, U.S.] = 0.0277778 military pace [double time]).

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Originally posted by oly
Frame designers fudge travel numbers anyways so the real argument should be what travel do i really have

:eek: Dude, no way man it's an exact science....:rolleyes: :think: :think: :think: ok, ok so some of the numbers are fudged and the other numbers no mortals are allowed to understand :( .........it's all just magic (insert RM engineering debate here :mumble::mumble::mumble::mumble: :mumble::mumble::mumble::mumble: ) and some frame design Wizards have more powerfull magic than others.......... :evil: