Quantcast

quoting doesn't work at certain times

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
this is a bit of a weird problem, but entirely repeatable (for me at least).

1) subscribe to a thread
2) when it receives a response open it (anchored at the new post) via the email link
3) try to quote that message

invariably i get a blank reply box rather than the quote i expected. clicking on the link above the reply box (for example My Thread in "Downhill | My Thread") then quoting the message again produces the expected behavior.

this blank quoting behavior may happen at other times too, but for now i just know that i've seen it several times by the above method.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i have had the same problem. after awhile i wondered if my google toolbar popup blocker 3000 (just had to add the number....) was responsible. So i just press the Clrl button, and it seemed to fix the problem. However i'm still not absolutely certain if it's the popup blocker fault.....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
it just did it again! i don't run the google toolbar. i'm using safari on os x...

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Toshi said:
it just did it again! i don't run the google toolbar. i'm using safari on os x...
did you hold the Clrl button (or whatever button that negates the blocking ability for your os x) down before it could block it?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i don't know what key shortcut turns off the blocker. i can turn it off from a menu tho, and i get the same behavior with it either on or off