Quantcast

Race Report from Beezley Burn and Ephrata

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Ephrata has to be the furthest from all the population centers across the state which probably limited attendance. Plus it is not part of any race series-either Indie or WIMS. Never the less Jake and his friends in Ephrata have built some trails in the hills and staged a pretty decent race. The course was seven miles long and it can be described as bumpy going up and fast going down with some flat roads and single track that is fairly smooth. Average speed was in the 10-11 mph range with the pros going much faster.

As far as racing Jason Jablonski who has been close to the top of the XC race scene in the state over the past few years won the pro race. I managed to finish my three laps a couple of minutes before he would have lapped me.

Schwag- This race and another race will put me way ahead of any race fees this year :)

Other Stuff- I saw Eric from Wims at the race getting a chance to actually race. Hopefull this race ties in with WIMS or the Indies series next tear, It would be great to get the Winthrop race and Chelan race back on the race calendar.