Quantcast

racing

Ph@

Chimp
Jan 21, 2002
Hi

I have been mtbing for just over a year now as a cheap alternative for racing motorbikes.

I am thinking about racing and have decided to spend all my disposable income on a 2002 Trek 6700, is this a bike that I may be able to race or is there some things that I need to change on it ????

Thanks

Ph@

=AA=

Chimp
Jan 13, 2002
Lakspur, CA
I take you plan on doing cross country racing.
if it's your first dip in racing the bike should be just fine the way it is. As you get serious and since you have a motocross background, you will probably start outgrowing your bike's capabilities. If you get the drive or push to get really competitive, you may also have to make some upgrades on your bike (for lighter and better components). It's relative. But good luck.

RayBan

Chimp
Jan 16, 2002
Illinois
The most important thing you will here is that the new bike fits you well and that your set up properly on it. Since you are coming from a motocross racing background, you already know that there is always a better, lighter, stronger upgrade part waiting to be ordered! Get setup right on that new bike and have fun!!!!

Ph@

Chimp
Jan 21, 2002
Thanks for the advice guys really helpful, I take delivery of my new trek in a couple of weeks and decided to go for the disc version as the weather here in the UK isnt very reliable.

I come from a road racing background and not motorcross but I get your guys point about knowing what I know.

Really appreciate it

PH@

the biggest items for upgrade...when you get to that point that is...

would be your wheels...lighter wheels = more money = more speed. next would probably your cranks and suspension fork.

i was tossing around the idea of buying a used race bike and go road racing for alittle while...i think my folks would have killed me tho...

Ph@

Chimp
Jan 21, 2002
Racing's great its the best feeling especially if you are good, this is me doing the biz, aaaarrrrr that was the life ! if you can afford it do it !!

:D

Attachments