Quantcast

Radon Swoop 170??

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
I'm monitoring this thread. Anyone talk me out of pulling the trigger on the 7.0. The weather is still bad over here and I heard that Minnaar rides Monsterrucks. Can a Jeffsy into dh like that? I doubt it...

But I heard that they are working on the 2018 model with metric standard. Is it worth waiting for such a thing?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Only ridden one Jefsy but thought it had pretty horrible DH geometry compared to my (lowered) Capra.
The owner couldn't lose me on very muddy DH trails, with 29" mud tyres while I was on a DHF and a Bling Bling. He's a pretty quick rider and built the trails. I was riding them for the first time. Make of that what you will. His Jefsy wasn't noticeably any lighter and didn't climb any better either. I "get" the marketing idea behind it. but for a DH rider didn't really understand the point in it.

ride one and make up your own mind tho.

Loki87

Monkey
Aug 24, 2008
Salzburg, Austria
The Swwop definitely feels like a proper "downhill oriented bike". I refuse to claim any of the bikes in this category rides like a dh-bike, but the Swoop gets damn close. Geometry feels spot on and you can definitely get wild on it when the trail points down the hill. Regarding the suspension design, i can´t say any more than it works and it works well. Really comfortable and lots of traction. I only use it for normal trails, no park, so i have no experience with big hucks and jumps on it.
The Yari actually surprised me. It´s no high end fork, but it gets the job done really well. I was planning on eventually upgrading it with a charger or other after market cartridge, but as of now i do not feel the need for that. More than capable of handling anything i do on a enduro bike. And i am picky about my suspension.
For the price, the bike is simply incredible and i do not feel like i´m missing out on anything after riding my buddy´s much higher spec Rune or Strive.