Quantcast

Raffle to benefit RhinofromWA - Rotec, FSA

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Time to help one of our own. ****Raffle details being finalized****

RhinofromWA (Kevin) was seriously injured in a crash just a few days ago.

Details of the crash: http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36627

Kevins injuries have become serious and he is currently in the ICU.

RM will be conducting a raffle to help pay for his medical bills. 100% of the proceeds will be sent to Kevin.

Prizes:

Grand prize: Rotec Hardtail The frame given away will be a different color (details coming).

2nd prize: FSA package - DH riser bar, Skypilot HS, and V-drive extreme bash.

/promos/contests/v-drive-x-bash.jpg

Raffle tickets are $20 each and there is no limit.

Pay via paypal: webmaster@ridemonkey.com

Or via snail mail:
ditchmonkey.com
1705 14th ST PMB 399
Boulder, CO 80302

Make checks payable to ditchmonkey.com (not ridemonkey.com)

A drawing date has not yet been set. We will finalize the details of this raffle soon.

Im on it check being sent tomorrow! and I talked to some people from work who are going to help.

When I first started racing Rhino was the first person I met, he was really cool and helped me out! He made racing fun! He always helps out the newbies that are nervous and worried about racing!

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Never met the guy, but he sounds pretty cool. Get well soon!!

One ticket for me via Paypal so far, more this week if I can swing it!

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
Originally posted by MMike
He was hurt at a race. He has NORBA insurance doesn't he???

If he's in the ICU, he's going to need real insurance here.....
The rainfest is not a NORBA sanctioned event...at least I don't think it is...

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
Just got back from the hospital, and Kevin is in good spirits (probably because of all of the morphine in his body) but he has all kinds of IV's and tubes all over him.

They are closely watching his spleen and kidney, as they might have to take his kidney out...

He will be in ICU for a whole week, so I'm sure flowers or cards or something will help cheer him up. He's really stressed about the bills that he will soon be receiving, so lets try to keep him cheered up and calm...

He is in room 303 at Stevens Hospital

More details later

I will continue to put updates in this thread.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Originally posted by Freak
Just got back from the hospital, and Kevin is in good spirits (probably because of all of the morphine in his body) but he has all kinds of IV's and tubes all over him.

They are closely watching his spleen and kidney, as they might have to take his kidney out...

He will be in ICU for a whole week, so I'm sure flowers or cards or something will help cheer him up. He's really stressed about the bills that he will soon be receiving, so lets try to keep him cheered up and calm...

He is in room 303 at Stevens Hospital

More details later

I will continue to put updates in this thread.
HOLY @#$%#@%
remove his spleen!?!?!?
what is the spleen for again?

Man, that would SUCK.
Keepin my fingers crossed for him:(

freightGOD

Monkey
Jan 26, 2002
Atlanta, GA
Originally posted by Ridemonkey
Time to help one of our own. ****Raffle details being finalized****

RhinofromWA (Kevin) was seriously injured in a crash just a few days ago.

Details of the crash: http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36627

Kevins injuries have become serious and he is currently in the ICU.

RM will be conducting a raffle to help pay for his medical bills. 100% of the proceeds will be sent to Kevin.

Prizes:

Grand prize: Rotec Hardtail The frame given away will be a different color (details coming).

/promos/contests/Rotec.gif

2nd prize: FSA package - DH riser bar, Skypilot HS, and V-drive extreme bash.

/promos/contests/v-drive-x-bash.jpg

Raffle tickets are $20 each and there is no limit.

Pay via paypal: webmaster@ridemonkey.com

Or via snail mail:
ditchmonkey.com
1705 14th ST PMB 399
Boulder, CO 80302

Make checks payable to ditchmonkey.com (not ridemonkey.com)

A drawing date has not yet been set. We will finalize the details of this raffle soon.

Done! Sent via paypal tonight. Never met the man, but this is a tragedy so it matters not. I will try to grap another ticket later. Kindly forward my regards and to get well soon!!:(

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Kevin is an awesome guy. He has helped me numerous times with information about bike setup and encouragement when I was going through a couple of rough spots in my personal singletrack.

Get well soon brah.
Sending my entry tomorow.

craftyman

Chimp
Oct 29, 2002
29palms
my condolescens go ut to him. i hope he doesn't have to have his spleen removed. its sucks sooooooooooo much. 3 shots every 5 years . have to take anti biotics if i get a cold or any symptoms. o well get well soon man. refuse to get yur spleen takin out

the spleen filters out the bad blood cells and helps your immune system against hemopholis influenza b, neumonia, and menengitis. without your spleen those disease can get passed your immune system and WILL kill you if the doctor can diagnose it to you. if you have any symptoms of having a cold or anything (sore throat, fever, cough,etc.) you have to take anti biotics until the go away. that is the only protection u have agaisn't those disease. and you have to get shots for them every 5 years. without a spleen you will be in a world of pain. but if u have it removed we will be in a world of pain together:)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
This is an honorable gesture. Kudos to Freak, Ridemonkey, and all Ridemonkey users who are donating money, thoughts, and/or prayers to this guy.

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
kev man is hurtin but sounds great. He described all the cute little details to me over the phone. (remind me to never ever get a cath-a-thing-tube up my u-know what. OUCH!!!! count me in on the raffle, i'll freak a $20 next time i see him.

Speaking of hardtails, i got an old p3 and a fork and rear wheel $200 bucks for all of it. The cash is going to the big man Kev. If i can sell.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
wow...I need to spend more time on rm reading "real" threads...

I have shared several PM conversations with Kevin along my RM lifetime and this is really sad and worrisome news... I don't have insurance anymore and this really brings home the danger and risks from the things we all love to do.... be safe guys..

I'm still jobless and pretty broke as well but the check will be in the mail tomorrow...and!!! and should something happens to me during a race/ride while unemployed and uninsured, pls send an extra buck to my Hospital fund for the post hospital visit beer fund.... a buck with intent goes a long ways:devil:..... Cheer up and Heal up, Kev...

LoboDelFuego

Monkey
Mar 5, 2002
I'm going to the P.O. now to get a money order.
Lets see how much cash we can put together for him.
Suggestion: I don't think he'll be using any of his bikes anytime soon, what about selling it/them?

Buetang

Glides like KY
Apr 16, 2002
¤ HCOR.net ¤
My check will be in the mail first thing tomorrow.

I don't know ya. But get well soon man.... my friend has been on a waiting list for a bean going on about a year now. I know what you're feelin...sorta.

For what it's worth. I hope you're back to 100% in no time.

-D

In reply to the post above mine. I was thinking that same thing. Why not sell his bikes? His season is unfortunatly over for a while. Might as well make some money off them.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
AGGGGH - I can't get paypal to work - the site is too busy. $$$ will be sent when I can get logged in.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Originally posted by Heidi
AGGGGH - I can't get paypal to work - the site is too busy. $$$ will be sent when I can get logged in.
When I was on PayPal last night to get my ticket, there was something about it being down today I think.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
If I win anything, it will go eBay with the bennies going right back to the cause. Get well Rhino, not enough of us in the great North West to loose any now.

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....
just signed up for paypal so i can play my part, turns out it's probably gonna be about a month until i can do anything though :( (had my most recent bill in yesterday so there wont be another one for a while)

get well soon Rhino.