Quantcast

;(Rainy Tewsday GMT;(

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Got my ebay special cranks in the mail...they are brand new, beautiful, unopened unassembled in the box...and the wrong Q factor. FUCK. Seller was in Korea...gotta see if he'll refund me, but shipping back will be an issue. Maybe it'll all go smoothly...if not, anybody need a set of MTB cranks for $50?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Missing my Tuesday spinning class due to meetings running late. I love having a fixed thing like that so I know I get out but got to pay the bills too. I cooked dinner for a family at work last night which we will drop off tonight (pasta and ice cream for dessert). Its a girl from my youngest sons class where the dad ended his own life late last year struggling with depression so a lot of us is helping out getting them back on their feet.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Got my ebay special cranks in the mail...they are brand new, beautiful, unopened unassembled in the box...and the wrong Q factor. FUCK. Seller was in Korea...gotta see if he'll refund me, but shipping back will be an issue. Maybe it'll all go smoothly...if not, anybody need a set of MTB cranks for $50?
specs? i like nonsense stuff at good prices. also what was off about the q-factor?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I woke up and went shit, I set the alarm wrong. Dashing around the house to get out of here and I look at the clock again. damn these old eyes. I did set the alarm right. Chilling with coffee now and I have over an hour before I need to head out. I will have to motivate myself to go scrape the ice off the windshield at some point though.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Woke up at 5:15 and dragged my ass to the high school track for an interval workout. Wife INSISTED that we go. I had a good run though. Usually I suck at doing hard workouts early in the morning.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Alarm went off too early this morning, wait, no, that was just the dog howling along with the coyotes in the backyard.

As such, I am le tired. But, gotta get up and stay busy. I'm not one for being idle.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Wife's sinuses decided last night would be a good night to be stuffy, so she kept me up snoring.

Then I awoke early to my watch alarm (so tapping me on the wrist inaudibly) as I was planning on going to the Japanese bakery to get some goods for the family. But it turns out their being on New Years break "to Jan 7" meant "through Jan 7"--closed when I got there. Whoops. In Japanese they probably meant "kara" and that got lost in translation.

On the upside tomorrow I shall ski after working a few short morning hours.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I have been putting Indy in the kennel at night and it's been good for the most part. But 3:30 this morning she starts barking. Trying to get her to wait until the coffee maker kicks off at 4 at least.

When the wife got home last night, Hank had a box of dog chews in his kennel. I took a look at the recording and you can see Indy get up on the table and grab the box, then she drops it before trying to figure out how to get back down. You see Hank snatch the box and disappear. :rofl:. Teamwork.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Hey there.
These horseradish chips are calling my name. they are damn tasty.
banging out some edits then I must go get some more coffee pronto.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Large child started school again today and decided that she didn't want to go. She was carried downstairs and "placed" into the car to leave. You could smell her breath from 2' away and her breakfast fell off the roof as we drove away. Today is going to end up being a very rough day for her. Wifey nixed the next 2 weeks of Devo for her and I'm making her pay for them, because she's the one that caused herself to miss them - it will effectively nuke her piggybank savings from the last year. Being grounded doesn't seem to teach her lessons, taking away things doesn't teach her lessons, but taking her money is eye opening to her.

My wifi puck didn't work this morning at my first meeting either, so that really sucked too. At least it can only get better...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Large child started school again today and decided that she didn't want to go. She was carried downstairs and "placed" into the car to leave. You could smell her breath from 2' away and her breakfast fell off the roof as we drove away. Today is going to end up being a very rough day for her. Wifey nixed the next 2 weeks of Devo for her and I'm making her pay for them, because she's the one that caused herself to miss them - it will effectively nuke her piggybank savings from the last year. Being grounded doesn't seem to teach her lessons, taking away things doesn't teach her lessons, but taking her money is eye opening to her.
have you threatened her with another sibling?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Wifey nixed the next 2 weeks of Devo for her
If this means you're free to ski at any Ikon place on your own instead, I'll be at Copper 1/8, 1/12, 1/20, 1/27-29.

Edit: 1/9 -> 1/8. Tomorrow!

Last edited:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I've been putting some home made ice hash, made from fresh frozen material in a joint topped with a tiny pinch of bali shag. Good balance for work with a big cup of coffee & it tastes great.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
If this means you're free to ski at any Ikon place on your own instead, I'll be at Copper 1/9, 1/12, 1/20, 1/27-29.
Me leaving Haley and Hannah with Wifey to go skiing on my own? Let me know how you think that's going to work out...

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
My NYE OTB adventure has resulted in some gloriously painful bone chips in my elbows.

All good until my sleeve tugs on the skin of my elbow. This is going to be annoying as hell for months to come.

Happy New Year!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My NYE OTB adventure has resulted in some gloriously painful bone chips in my elbows.

All good until my sleeve tugs on the skin of my elbow. This is going to be annoying as hell for months to come.

Happy New Year!
i've been having pains in my left wrist that aren't going away.... wondering if that's a possible culprit

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Hey there.
These horseradish chips are calling my name. they are damn tasty.
banging out some edits then I must go get some more coffee pronto.
Whoresradish

Happy New Year!
Welcome to the club.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Your what now?
Story?
cold wet ride on New Year’s Eve. My hands were numb and I goofed on a rocky move. Went OTB and was quite proud of myself for not using my hands to break my fall. I used my elbows instead... didn’t even rip my jacket,kinda skidded down and bike tumbled down after me.

All my parts work... but my elbows took a beating.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Took the kids to the Pool to only find out. Edwin can't swim. After a couple of tentative hours. He is good. Once I assured him I wasn't going to let him drown. He was fine. He said he wanted to go back again on the ride home. They never had Knish' before. He ate 4. They were huge and tasty. Kids make great wingman. Like dogs.