Quantcast

(([- rainy Thursday gmt -]))

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I rode my bike into work, in the rain. Only others out on the trail were the usual homeless dudes and poor dog-walkers.

I need to get some fenders, which means I need a non-suspension fork, I suppose. But then do I get a new frame (or a new bike?!) or stop there...?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
AWESOME hunt yesterday. 16.5 hard miles hiked. Was on elk about 20 minutes into the day. Never able to make a shot, either in range and no clear shot, or clear and way out of range. First bull was no more than 15 yards away, with enough Forrest between us I don't think I could get a bullet through. Having a bull scream at you at that range is just plain impressive and fairly deafening. Some of the area's I went through on the chase already had line run so I figured it was a good idea to tie in before climbing up. So much fun!!!!!

Got a few grouse with the bow, ended up finding my arrow I lost two and a half weeks ago so that was good, 30 bucks retrieved.

This was an eye opener though. I learned I need to get better at climbing, and I need to get with the doc and do something about my knees, and shoulder.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
And of course the appliance joint fucked up my phone number so neither my wife nor I were at the house to take delivery. Now the best they can do is leave a message with the driver and see if he can make it today. Sorry, you screwed it up, now you make it happen.

:stosh:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Nothing like walking out the slider and falling a story onto your face.
Was the deck built at the same time as the rest of the house? By the same people? If the answer is yes you may want to consider it as glimpse into the quality of build that the rest of the house was constructed. What other corners were cut that could cost you a lot of money down the road that you can't see?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Was the deck built at the same time as the rest of the house? By the same people? If the answer is yes you may want to consider it as glimpse into the quality of build that the rest of the house was constructed. What other corners were cut that could cost you a lot of money down the road that you can't see?
Way to be all glass half full about it. One might almost think you care about stoney by helping him avoid what is almost certainly years worth of five star dumpster fire GMT posts.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Everything I read I first interpret it as the most inappropriate meaning possible. I usually have to take a moment to figure out what the real meaning is. One day I'll grow up.
The day you grow out of it is the day you stop coming here!

Went to do the deck job and turns out hubby did it last night. Normally this would be an awesome thing, only, as the unemployed one, it takes away the job for today. Everything else requires two sets of hands, or some anal retentive measuring I'm apparently not capable of performing to the superior standards required by the gentleman of the house. I was really hoping for outdoor work, as it's probably the last nice day of the year... *sigh* laundry it is. Gotta earn my keep somehow...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My very pretty and nice friend took me to lunch and coffee this morning in exchange for a ride (in a car...). We went to my favorite Burger place. I got my standard order of a medium burger with Nacho cheese sauce, onions, pickles, on a toasted roll. Usually I just dig in and devour the Burger like a pig. My friend made me wait until the sandwich cooled. As difficult as it was, I waited. She was right. The beef of the burger and the cheese blended so nicely. I could taste the flavor of the beef so much better. I had no idea. I always thought a hot juicy burger was the ultimate. Now I know betterer....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Nope. Newly built deck. Got assessment back from inspector. Hybrid of 1 and 2.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Too much riding and climbing is making my hands hurt :wtf:

Also I'm starting to look at bikes and there's a 2016 Yeti SB6c I can pick up for a good price. It's a medium and I'm somewhere between a M and a L (5'11"). Anyone have experience with the fit of the medium?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
:wave:

I assume this is a euphemism of some sort?
I actually need to build a bridge. Some fucks cut the lock to my gate and collapsed my old log bridge we only walked across. We had plywood on the deck and it was the only thing holding it together. Wish I had caught them... Well it turns out the county bridge next to my driveway is being replaced and the guys down there seem to know a thing or two about bridges.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Also I'm starting to look at bikes and there's a 2016 Yeti SB6c I can pick up for a good price. It's a medium and I'm somewhere between a M and a L (5'11"). Anyone have experience with the fit of the medium?

I have a medium SB5 at about the same height, I believe the fit is pretty much the same to the SB6. I probably should have gone for a large, had to do weird things with my setup to get it feel right and that includes a setback post. YMMV

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

I'm 5'11 and I've been on the medium & large. I'd go medium for sure.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I have a medium SB5 at about the same height, I believe the fit is pretty much the same to the SB6. I probably should have gone for a large, had to do weird things with my setup to get it feel right and that includes a setback post. YMMV
I'm 5'11 and I've been on the medium & large. I'd go medium for sure.
Damn it monkeys! That's not useful. Sounds like it's up to personal preference and body type. I've been riding on mediums for years and they always feel just a bit short but most larges feel sluggish and big.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Damn it monkeys! That's not useful. Sounds like it's up to personal preference and body type. I've been riding on mediums for years and they always feel just a bit short but most larges feel sluggish and big.
Well and height alone is a bad measurement. Inseam, Torso length, arm length, flexibility all factor in.

I actually installed an offset BB to lengthen my reach and shorten the CS. Only 7 mm but it made a world of difference, especially descending. Not something I would necessarily recommend as it isn't exactly designed for the application.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Well and height alone is a bad measurement. Inseam, Torso length, arm length, flexibility all factor in.
In reality you just gotta ride that bitch to find out. I'm just trying to get as much info as possible before blowing through a tank of gas in my truck to go out and test ride it.

Do you by chance have long noodle arms and legs?

Also how has the weird switch infinity thingy treated you? It seems like it might collect dirt and require extra maintenance.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
In reality you just gotta ride that bitch to find out. I'm just trying to get as much info as possible before blowing through a tank of gas in my truck to go out and test ride it.

Do you by chance have long noodle arms and legs?

Also how has the weird switch infinity thingy treated you? It seems like it might collect dirt and require extra maintenance.

I don't go around measuring other people but based on trying to buy shirts my shoulders and arms usually dictate a size that ends up with a shirt that is too long in the torso.

Switch infinity thing as been fine. It has grease zerks on it, so a shot of grease every once in a while is all the maintenance I have ever had to do short of hosing it off after a muddy ride.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Personal preference, for sure. But please consider that Westy lives in Washington so he may be hopped up on the twigs.