Quantcast

Rally to Restore Sanity 10.30.2010

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Aerial of Glenn Beck's rally.

And for what it's worth, a side by side comparison of the areas occupied by each rally.
Damn, from how the Beck rally was positioned, it's almost as if they knew the attendance was going to suck and wanted to make it look as big as possible with the massive pool in the middle.... That wouldn't be ethical, though, would it?

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Damn, from how the Beck rally was positioned, it's almost as if they knew the attendance was going to suck and wanted to make it look as big as possible with the massive pool in the middle.... That wouldn't be ethical, though, would it?
There were 500,000 people in the reflecting pool but you can't see their snorkel tips from that far away. You also can't see the 250,000 gun rights activists hiding in the trees because they're all in camo. :D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Keith Olbermann announced last night that in the spirit of the rally, he will suspend and likely discontinue his "worst persons of the world" segment. Nice gesture or bandwagon move?

I thought it was a nice thought, but I'm a jackass.

In 2005, Jon Stewart's now-famous complaint that confrontational cable shoutfests like "Crossfire" were "hurting America" helped lead CNN to cancel the long-running political chat show. Now, the "Daily Show" host appears to have claimed another scalp: MSNBC's Keith Olbermann announced Monday night on "Countdown" that he's "unilaterally suspending" the show's "Worst Persons in the World" segment, "with an eye towards discontinuing it."

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
I dont see what that proves. Everyone knows Teabaggers dont use public transit. It's all hoverounds and f-350s.
Well me being someone that used the metro on both rally days, I will tell you that I saw metro parking lots over flowing with f-350s during the tea bagger steeping and a ton more people than cars overflowing from the metro last weekend. The pedestrain line at Fairfax metro stop 2 hrs before the rally was outside the doors overflowing on the the street and sidewalks. Thats easily a .25-.5 mile long line. Both were huge in volume but the stewart rally wins as there were both a ton of car commuters, metro patrons, and a cobination of the two.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Well me being someone that used the metro on both rally days, I will tell you that I saw metro parking lots over flowing with f-350s during the tea bagger steeping and a ton more people than cars overflowing from the metro last weekend. The pedestrain line at Fairfax metro stop 2 hrs before the rally was outside the doors overflowing on the the street and sidewalks. Thats easily a .25-.5 mile long line. Both were huge in volume but the stewart rally wins as there were both a ton of car commuters, metro patrons, and a cobination of the two.
See, Beck should have gotten the Oprah stamp of approval.