Quantcast

Rampage! Live Thread. Dudes hucking themselves everywhere.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Gee hit something NO ONE else landed even in practice. That's worth 2nd to that crazy 360.
I just don't want racer style low/fast to set a precedent for big mountain. That's all.

Gee is not human and amazingly smooth, he almost makes it look to easy. Not taking ANYTHING away from him.

Capricorn

Monkey
Jan 9, 2010
Cape Town, ZA
it's hardly a precedent if u look at the points guide used by the judges. The other BM riders with the big tricks also run the highest risk of a wipeout. Gee runs well within his performance envelope. Fast, big air. just no BM tricks. So lower risk.

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Amazing comp. Not perfect coverage, but considering what they had to cover live, the heli shots and the fact they got most of the big hits, job well done.
Hell yeah. I still haven't seen Andreau's 4th place run though.

I'd say judging was spot on

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Dude i can't possibly crashing over a 60ft gap twice in a row. Nasy crashes too. One short and..one with no bike to flat!!!!!! Some of the nastist footage ever!

I wonder if we'll see Zink on ESPN etc tonight. A benchmark in mountainbiking history. People don't throw 3's going that fast. I could imagine a backflip being easier/more predictable off something that big.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Dude i can't possibly crashing over a 60ft gap twice in a row. Nasy crashes too. One short and..one with no bike to flat!!!!!! Some of the nastist footage ever!

I wonder if we'll see Zink on ESPN etc tonight. A benchmark in mountainbiking history. People don't throw 3's going that fast. I could imagine a backflip being easier/more predictable off something that big.
Word. I want to see it in the news. Hell, I want to see it in the history books. If creationism can hit biology books in the US why not put Zinks 360 in the history ones ;)

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon

Well put. History for sure! :thumb:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Just so you guys know: gee didn't land the 'jump' that doerfling and romo crushed themselves on. He was the only one smart enough to build a lip to the right of what romo built. THAT'S why he rode out of it and THAT'S why the other two didn't. A 'crash' didn't break a fork, a dumb fvcking huxxor straight AT a wall did.

Gee's run was sick as hell but that wasn't 1st place material compared to everything else that went down. Zink earned that shlt. I'd still rather go out there and try to duplicate gee's run over zink's. That looked really fun. :D

Bummed to see lacondeguy go down so hard. I thought that dude was going to win this thing.

Trim the bush!! :rofl:

Last edited:

rekoner

Chimp
Jun 15, 2009
SE Virginia
I thought the same, Gee didn't really kill anything except for his speed and execution, Andrue L. really impressed me by having the nads to really go big and fold himself in half. I was amazec with Zink, he always has a bag of tricks, he earned his keep this year, with crankworks and now the rampage. Really raises the bar for the future!

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
A 'crash' didn't break a fork, a dumb fvcking huxxor straight AT a wall did.
:rofl:[/QUOTE]

I thought it was an 888 not a Huxxor but it was hard to tell:D:rofl:

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Just so you guys know: gee didn't land the 'jump' that doerfling and romo crushed themselves on. He was the only one smart enough to build a lip to the right of what romo built. THAT'S why he rode out of it and THAT'S why the other two didn't. A 'crash' didn't break a fork, a dumb fvcking huxxor straight AT a wall did.

Gee's run was sick as hell but that wasn't 1st place material compared to everything else that went down. Zink earned that shlt. I'd still rather go out there and try to duplicate gee's run over zink's. That looked really fun. :D

Bummed to see lacondeguy go down so hard. I thought that dude was going to win this thing.

Trim the bush!! :rofl:
QFT, all of it.
Gee has a sick run, but yeah, I agree, not 1st place material. Not even 2nd to be honest compared to the other runs thrown down (Cough, Gully, cough).

Yeah, I think everyone was expecting HUGE things from Lacondeguy. On the 2nd run, when he approached the Icon Sender, you could HEAR everyone hold their breath, even over the live feed.

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
quoted from the RM press release

Hopkins had two major crashes, both on the canyon gap. Both Hopkins and Doerfling snapped forks in half.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
You guys are funny about Cam, "future as a mtb commentator"

He is good.

Shame he probably makes more from a sock sponsor in a year, than he could make doing broadcast gigs every weekend for a year.

All that aside. Cam Zink, crankworx and rampage winner. Pretty god-like.

richgardiner

Monkey
Aug 19, 2008
You guys are funny about Cam, "future as a mtb commentator"

He is good.

Shame he probably makes more from a sock sponsor in a year, than he could make doing broadcast gigs every weekend for a year.

All that aside. Cam Zink, crankworx and rampage winner. Pretty god-like.
Don't forget Gee, world cup champion and runner up at red bull. The best all round rider in the world right now? Not taking away anything from zink, I got goosebumps when he was coming into the icon sender on his second run, so glad he nailed it after a big crash in run 1.

Bummed for Andreu though, oh well, hope he's alright.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I like many others were actually pretty shocked to hear he could string together that many sentences in a row without some animal noises.

They weren't just any sentences either......that guy was spraying some pretty damn clever and insightful shlt!! :weee:
Yeah, he did a really good job from what I saw. The other guy, on the other hand...

Anyone have video of Zink's second run? I missed it.