Quantcast

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
According the the expanding universe model the future is actually rather dark.
I like my Physics Old School. I don't subscribe to the new speed of light is variable theory. Not being able to test our math we have no way of knowing what is not there, or there, wherever there is.... Light can exist in darkness but not the other way around. I am going forth with the assumption that if I am there. Then surely there is also light.

tekin112000

Chimp
Feb 10, 2009

My first car. It was named the Gold Tooth. It was a very bad car.
My first car too

My gramps had one too, unfortunately it was his last car in this world. Same as whats in the pic

Typical GM car

Weird but I miss that POS, the car not my gramps he was a good man

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I have done a lot of miles on the 1290 and it is fun but I just can't get excited enough to get one.

I still want it's big brother, even though it would likely kill me but it seems the 790 is the biggest they make now. I am guessing the 1290R was a bit too much for most everyone. :rofl:

Braaaaap.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have done a lot of miles on the 1290 and it is fun but I just can't get excited enough to get one.
I rode one of the original 990 SuperDukes and really liked the design and ergos. When they built the 1290, there was just so much thought put into it, I love everything about it except for the price and cost of upkeep. :rofl:

KTM has really brought some amazing stuff to market the last 5 or so years, I just can't afford any of it.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Ducati throwing down 40 more hp. made the RC8 go bye bye.

Wife and kids made all motorcycle dreams die for me.

I rode one of the original 990 SuperDukes and really liked the design and ergos. When they built the 1290, there was just so much thought put into it, I love everything about it except for the price and cost of upkeep. :rofl:

KTM has really brought some amazing stuff to market the last 5 or so years, I just can't afford any of it.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Ducati throwing down 40 more hp. made the RC8 go bye bye.

Wife and kids made all motorcycle dreams die for me.
After riding and loving my gen1 FZ1, I was tempted to get a gen2 until I rode my buddies R1 and got the idea for my streetfighter. Take a GT bike and strip it rather than build up the FZ. Just as I was finishing my R1, Ducati release their streetfighter that was exactly what I had in mind when I built mine.

Major differences being mine was mechanical throttle cable and had no nannies whatsoever. 392lbs @ 167bhp and 0-60 in 2.7, it was a death trap. I wish I could find the bastard who bought it and get it back, but I am lucky I never hurt myself on it. The Vette fills my need for speed and my next moto will me a bagger. But there is a part of me that misses the killing machine.

Here's a great shot of my bike next to my buddies. His R1 is all stock while mine is not, same model year with vastly different purposes.

Attachments

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I know the first thing he did was change the gearing to try and slow it down. A bunch of the guys on the FZ01 site called him out when he tried to pass it off as his build. :rofl:
I bet it was nerve wracking letting strangers test drive it.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I bet it was nerve wracking letting strangers test drive it.
Nobody test rode it. Homeboy handed me a fist full of cash, I started it up, then he shut it down and loaded it up. I gave him the full build sheet with all the crap that was done and a copy of the dyno charts. I spent close to $14k or so on that pig (about $2k in trial/error) and sold it for $7500 because it still had a salvaged title. I should have kept it, but I did need the coin and didn't want to fight for it in the divorce.

But yes, the dude that almost dropped my running Sportster in the street because he didn't realize the kickstand was spring loaded to retract when stood up was fun. I grabbed it before it touched and I made him get off and told him to leave.

Who the hell shows up to test ride a motorcycle without a helmet?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
But yes, the dude that almost dropped my running Sportster in the street because he didn't realize the kickstand was spring loaded to retract when stood up was fun. I grabbed it before it touched and I made him get off and told him to leave.

Who the hell shows up to test ride a motorcycle without a helmet?
Harley guys. :rofl: