Quantcast

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Which reminds me how our regional OSHA PPE instructor wanted to show us how technical and fluent he was with the industry lingo when he was teaching our yearly blood-borne pathogens and PPE class, when he described "donning" and "dofting" PPE. We looked up "dofting" and needless to say, it's not about PPE. Also not a good idea to look up on a government or work computer.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
2CAFCB9F-AB2D-4AF3-818A-FD21B755EF15.jpeg
Which reminds me how our regional OSHA PPE instructor wanted to show us how technical and fluent he was with the industry lingo when he was teaching our yearly blood-borne pathogens and PPE class, when he described "donning" and "dofting" PPE. We looked up "dofting" and needless to say, it's not about PPE. Also not a good idea to look up on a government or work computer.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I though it was "doffing"?

doff
däf,dôf/
verb
gerund or present participle: doffing
  1. remove (an item of clothing).
    "he had doffed tie and jacket and rolled up his shirtsleeves"
    • take off or raise (one's hat) as a greeting or token of respect.
      "the manager doffed his hat to her"
      synonyms: take off, remove, strip off, pull off;
      raise, lift, tip;
      dateddivest oneself of
      "he doffed his cap as we walked past"
I am going to take your word on "dofting"...