Quantcast

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

I'll bet money that thing is a show car and not a go car. No one who gives a shit about going fast would have a shifter like that and no one who could build a bunch of HP would have such a tangled spectacle of fuel lines. For boosted power you would want the fuel to be as cool as possible. All those branches would absorb engine heat. Connect them all in series and the ratio of flow and linear feet of line would significantly reduce heat soak and the possibility of detonation.

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
I'll bet money that thing is a show car and not a go car. No one who gives a shit about going fast would have a shifter like that and no one who could build a bunch of HP would have such a tangled spectacle of fuel lines. For boosted power you would want the fuel to be as cool as possible. All those branches would absorb engine heat. Connect them all in series and the ratio of flow and linear feet of line would significantly reduce heat soak and the possibility of detonation.
At least the seats look comfy.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
There is this awesome old guy in Forest Grove that builds motors like that. He never has them dyno'ed and most have never been over 70mph, but he loves the belt drive boosted power and stacked carbs like that. The overall build of that truck is pretty cool, but you are oh so right on that fuel delivery system. :rofl:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Here's 2 more that were posted.

<edit> The gas tank is usually under the hump behind the seat. My brothers '66 has the seats cut into the hump, it turned out pretty slick.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
There is this awesome old guy in Forest Grove that builds motors like that. He never has them dyno'ed and most have never been over 70mph, but he loves the belt drive boosted power and stacked carbs like that. The overall build of that truck is pretty cool, but you are oh so right on that fuel delivery system. :rofl:

Hard to tell from the pictures but it also seems to have an airbag suspension with no shocks. I bet she handles like a Rock Shox Quadra 21R.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Is that an Urban Dictionary term? Like a Cleveland Steamer or a Cincinnati Pufferfish?
Nope. they're a real thing. they're pretty good. Montrealers like to think they're pretty special (the bagels), but they're not really unique. What sets Montreal apart, in a culinary sense, is Schwartz's Smoked Meat. It's worth the trip there just for that, at least once in your life. But a lot of people from around the world make the pilgrimage there at least once a year once they've had a taste for it. Get a platter of medium-fat smoked meat, tuck in and prepare for bliss. just remember to gtfo when you're done so the other 10 million people waiting in line behind you can also find Nirvana.