Quantcast

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
the only possible way id get another vw product would be if it had a factory warranty....and a free rental car when its in for repairs
LOL

I got mine brand new and it was still a pain especially when they gave me a Kia rio for a rental. That Fukin car was in the shop every other month until the warranty was up. I wasted so much time broken down, half broken down and waiting in line for the service writer at the dealership with the other suckers.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i love when my jetta gets 1.5ml low on coolant it absolutely flips out, demanding i pull over post haste & call one of the above mentioned mechanics, which i obviously should have had on retainer

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i love when my jetta gets 1.5ml low on coolant it absolutely flips out, demanding i pull over post haste & call one of the above mentioned mechanics, which i obviously should have had on retainer
the coolant/temp light in the 88 GTI was on for 2 years before we took it off the road and parted it out....was never low on coolant.

the engine from that car still lives.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
the coolant/temp light in the 88 GTI was on for 2 years before we took it off the road and parted it out....was never low on coolant.

the engine from that car still lives.
My M3 is in the same boat. Sensor is fvcked, coolant level is fine. Fortunately it's not too much of a princess about it- flashes a warning for ~20 seconds when I start it, then shuts up.

Edit: I'm talking coolant level. Thermostat and temperature gauge are good.

Last edited:

BMCarter

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
Santa Barbara
My M3 is in the same boat. Sensor is fvcked, coolant level is fine. Fortunately it's not too much of a princess about it- flashes a warning for ~20 seconds when I start it, then shuts up.

Edit: I'm talking coolant level. Thermostat and temperature gauge are good.
Sounds like you've got an E36 M3. Both of mine did that. First one I used it as a proper excuse to replace the waterpump, thermostat housing, tstat and do the fan delete, and throw on a set of underdrive pulleys.

The 2nd one it just convinced me that my memory of my first e36 was much better than they actually are, and promptly sold it and bought something new.