Quantcast

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Seperated at birth?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypertelorism

back when i was 5 or 6, i remember i was watching some late late night science show on tv with my dad.... and the surgical procedure to correct this was discussed and shown in gory detail......

scarred me for life. i suspected i´d never want to be a medical doctor.

then, at age 15, I was taken on a school trip to a medical school.... somehow, it turned into a full tour of every facility in the school; which resembled more a horror movie about a holocaust scene.
they showed us the area where they practiced with dead bodies, chopping them up in pieces to study the muscles, bones and arteries.
then i saw them injecting the bodies (several of them) with formaldehyde for embalming, with a few legs and arms scattered around the room in jars; and the smell, oh god! the SMELL!!!!!.... the smell of formaldehyde mixed with the smell of days-old human corpses is something I´ll never forget....
and for the grand finale, we were shown the pathology area, full of dead malformed babies in jars, cancerous livers and brains, etc, etc.... this confirmed the decision I made age 5.

unsurprisingly, not a single person in my high school class, went on to become a doctor.

Last edited: