Quantcast

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
All the rocks removed from the trail, for maximum "flow"? That's not a hiking trail, that's new singletrack in CA.

Edit: is my sarcasm-meter broken? :bonk:
Bike manufactures cannot afford to develop new hub standards if new generations of bikers can't buy into the sport. Which of course requires trails that the 99% can ride. It is a win win for everyone, unless you are more concerned about having fun on your bike rather than how it looks on your new roof rack.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
All the rocks removed from the trail, for maximum "flow"? That's not a hiking trail, that's new singletrack in CA.

Edit: is my sarcasm-meter broken? :bonk:
If it's a new trail, I don't really see the problem, if you put in the time to build it, please build yourself any style trail you want. If it's to technical for me, I'll happily get off and walk, if it's too smooth I'll either bring the road bike or ride elsewhere. However if it's a dumbing down on an existing trail, that's fucked.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
If it's a new trail, I don't really see the problem, if you put in the time to build it, please build yourself any style trail you want. If it's to technical for me, I'll happily get off and walk, if it's too smooth I'll either bring the road bike or ride elsewhere. However if it's a dumbing down on an existing trail, that's fucked.
Honestly, I've been mostly talking out of my ass about that one. It's just sad to see all the rocks gone. Does anyone build trails with rock gardens anymore? When I'm joining trail building parties with the local NEMBA guys, rocks are almost always being removed for the trails to be easier, even from previously well established trails...