Quantcast

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Can't we all just get a bong ?

disclaimer: This in no way implies that I would take part in such behavior as fat biking.
I wonder if fat biking, like 29ers, will make riding easier, attracting more talentless hacks into the sport causing further trail sterilization as MTB becomes as mainstream as jogging.

I wonder if fat biking, like 29ers, will make riding easier, attracting more talentless hacks into the sport causing further trail sterilization as MTB becomes as mainstream as jogging.
A fatbike is easier to ride in terms of what it will crawl over. It's harder to get up to speed than a bike with less rotational inertia.

Yesterday I got the Moonlander up on a short trail segment I have been working on for a few years, following the peak of a razorback ridge. I was a little concerned because the tires are studded, which gives less traction, sometimes a lot less, on rock, but found it easier to stay on top of the ridge than on the Heckler or the Ttracer. That said, I managed a nice slow motion nose wheelie to full boulder stop on a little roll-down with a rather abrupt bottom on the exit.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Sounds plausible, there even moar new standards for Fatbikes, including mid-fatbikes, which look like xc bikes with 3" Gazzalodis.

All these fucking new wheel sizes, and no more 26in ? :rant:

Oh yeah, my new totally unridable I9s are 26 in. :rockout:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sounds plausible, there even moar new standards for Fatbikes, including mid-fatbikes, which look like xc bikes with 3" Gazzalodis.

All these fucking new wheel sizes, and no more 26in ? :rant:

Oh yeah, my new totally unridable I9s are 26 in. :rockout:
Skinny bikes, Athletic Bikes, Muscle Bikes, Heavy Set Bikes, Fat Bikes, Morbidly Obese Bikes, Rush Limbaugh bikes.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Don't forget electric bikes, and motor dopers.

Applied to the above array to make a matrix. Apply various levels of suspension, and gearing and you get a 4-Dimensional Matrix of unique bike niches. I'll still pick a 5" bike with 26" wheels with the right geometry for a do it all bike, and it will do it all damn well.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Applied to the above array to make a matrix. Apply various levels of suspension, and gearing and you get a 4-Dimensional Matrix of unique bike niches. I'll still pick a 5" bike with 26" wheels with the right geometry for a do it all bike, and it will do it all damn well.
So you're a mind reader as well as an engineer. Get out of my head science boy...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I prefer 6" with 27" wheels. Does it make me a 1" bigger dick?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Fawn Liebowitz Dies

WOUNDED DEER, Massachusetts – Emily Dickinson College sophomore Fawn Liebowitz died suddenly last week in a kiln explosion on campus. Liebowitz, 20, a sociology major from Fort Wayne, Indiana, was tragically killed while firing a pot in the new kiln in Sylvia Plath Hall. “Messy” was how Wounded Deer Fire Chief Michael Redman described the scene of the accident. “It was hard to tell the pot shards from the body parts,” said the pyrodefense professional. “She just blew like a frog sucking on a cherry bomb,” Redman added. The cleanup of Plath Hall has been further complicated by a thin coat of glaze that has affixed many of the body parts to the light fixtures and hand railings. In the wake of this tragedy, there has been talk among Emily Dickinson students of renaming Plath Hall to Fawn Hall. Until she was blown to bits, friends would say that Fawn’s best feature was her smile. Her roommate, Shelly Dubinsky (sophomore, primitive cultures), described Fawn as “a special friend who liked to share her thoughts and experiences, and who had a curiosity about life and relationships.” Her long-time boyfriend (they were “engaged to be engaged”), Eric “Otter” Stratton of nearby Faber College, was in shock when he first learned of Fawn’s passing. “I just talked to her last week. She was going to make a pot for me,” Stratton said while attempting to hold back tears. Services have already been held.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fawn Liebowitz Dies

WOUNDED DEER, Massachusetts – Emily Dickinson College sophomore Fawn Liebowitz died suddenly last week in a kiln explosion on campus. Liebowitz, 20, a sociology major from Fort Wayne, Indiana, was tragically killed while firing a pot in the new kiln in Sylvia Plath Hall. “Messy” was how Wounded Deer Fire Chief Michael Redman described the scene of the accident. “It was hard to tell the pot shards from the body parts,” said the pyrodefense professional. “She just blew like a frog sucking on a cherry bomb,” Redman added. The cleanup of Plath Hall has been further complicated by a thin coat of glaze that has affixed many of the body parts to the light fixtures and hand railings. In the wake of this tragedy, there has been talk among Emily Dickinson students of renaming Plath Hall to Fawn Hall. Until she was blown to bits, friends would say that Fawn’s best feature was her smile. Her roommate, Shelly Dubinsky (sophomore, primitive cultures), described Fawn as “a special friend who liked to share her thoughts and experiences, and who had a curiosity about life and relationships.” Her long-time boyfriend (they were “engaged to be engaged”), Eric “Otter” Stratton of nearby Faber College, was in shock when he first learned of Fawn’s passing. “I just talked to her last week. She was going to make a pot for me,” Stratton said while attempting to hold back tears. Services have already been held.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Would be a great spot for a permanent bong shed, but the slope of the hill would make the property pretty much unusable for anything but a bike or skiis. Wait.......what's the problem again?