Quantcast

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

1896 Skyscraper.
They continue to tear out the century old building to make way for new fancy parking/office/condo monstrosities. On the east side of the river, the city expanded the building height limit from 3 story to 10, so now they are building 10 story condos everywhere that will fit then charging a f@ckload for them. At least McMinamins bought the bar top from the Lotus since it is next to get leveled.

The Lotus Cardroom and Café at Southwest 3rd Avenue and Salmon, open for 92 years, closed Aug. 20. It will be demolished to make way for a high-rise boutique hotel. But its 30-foot cherry wood bar top was going to be saved and sold.
I had a lot of good times in my 20's at the Lotus.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
They continue to tear out the century old building to make way for new fancy parking/office/condo monstrosities. On the east side of the river, the city expanded the building height limit from 3 story to 10, so now they are building 10 story condos everywhere that will fit then charging a f@ckload for them. At least McMinamins bought the bar top from the Lotus since it is next to get leveled.

I had a lot of good times in my 20's at the Lotus.
I follow developement there very closely. I am a investor and consultant for Montalbano's. When it finally opens you will be on the guest list. Your knowledge amazes me.

Infill if done right can be very good for a city. I like how Portland ties in development with Transit.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Portland has done quite well with public transit. I use it often and is one of the many things I fell in love with here. So far the Nike Biketown community bike program seems to be a hit as well. But last count there were 110 people moving here every god damn day. Ugh.

This is my desk view currently, but it will change soon.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Portland has done quite well with public transit. I use it often and is one of the many things I fell in love with here. So far the Nike Biketown community bike program seems to be a hit as well. But last count there were 110 people moving here every god damn day. Ugh.

This is my desk view currently, but it will change soon.

That doesn't seem bad to me. Not to imply anything.... My friends from Jersey love Gresham. They feel right at home. My cousin from Raleigh loves it there...