Quantcast

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Looks like a ute, but I can't tell were they towing a trailer with the tin roof sections on it and then braked hard for something??
I think it flew off a truck they were too close too. But that's just a guess based on the impact. Notice the piece on the side of the road, a load was lost.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Glass looks like the impact came through the car from behind to me...
It looks like an Impala or other large Chevy, how would something that long come from the back? You wouldn't have something that long high up behind you. If they were on a trailer they would be below trunk level. And I can't imagine pulling a trailer with an Impala with 20' roofing panels on it. But I've seen some dumb shit at Home Depot, so you never know.

But looking at the angle it looks like it came from the front. But again, so many questions.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hence why I said I couldn't tell if that was a trailer behind carrying it, or it might have been another vehicle that had it on the roof and rear-ended the ute.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
It looks like an Impala or other large Chevy, how would something that long come from the back? You wouldn't have something that long high up behind you. If they were on a trailer they would be below trunk level. And I can't imagine pulling a trailer with an Impala with 20' roofing panels on it. But I've seen some dumb shit at Home Depot, so you never know.

But looking at the angle it looks like it came from the front. But again, so many questions.
Looks like an SS?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Are you looking at the photo on your phone? 'Cause full size it looks like there *is* a trailer back there, and the panel was on the top of some sort of high rack on the trailer. Panel slid forward, bowed down, went through the back window high, then came out the front windshield low.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Are you looking at the photo on your phone? 'Cause full size it looks like there *is* a trailer back there, and the panel was on the top of some sort of high rack on the trailer. Panel slid forward, bowed down, went through the back window high, then came out the front windshield low.
that's what it looks like to me as well.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Oh snap, I didn't even see that janky rig back there. :drag:

That would certainly do it. Again, I've seen some janky shit at Home Depot. :rofl:

<edit> of course I'm on my phone, I don't use my work PC for Monkey business.