Quantcast

Random Poly Picture Thread

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Complaining about pennies when banks and oil take your dollars...

The sequester’s cuts this year will amount to $85.3 billion. Around half of this spending will be cut from the waste-ridden defense budget, but much of the rest of it will come out of necessary investments in the country’s public infrastructure.

But there’s another area of the budget where almost as much money is spent — subsidies to Big Banks. In an editorial published last week, Bloomberg noted that the 10*biggest banks get an effective annual subsidy of $83 billion from taxpayers, and that almost all their recent profits are subsidized by the federal government.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
huh?
if youre talking about a ban on both, neither will happen
Much greater controls and transparency on each at the very least.

My current understanding of the DOJ position on drone strikes on Americans on American soil is that it doesn't explicitly rule out a strike on a right wing anti-government group.

Edit:

ear Senator Paul:

It has come to my attention that you have now asked an additional question: "Does the President have the authority to use a weaponized drone to kill an American not engaged in combat on American soil?" The answer to that question is no.

Sincerely, Eric Holder
Leaves open the definition of "engaged in combat" IMO

Last edited:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
My current understanding of the DOJ position on drone strikes on Americans on American soil is that it doesn't explicitly rule out a strike on a right wing anti-government group.
thats their stance but according the the WH press secretary the prez doesnt have the right

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
thats their stance but according the the WH press secretary the prez doesnt have the right
I don't think Holder has explicitly said that. I edited my post above. Bush's Press Secretaries lied their a$$es off so I don't put much stock in what a Press Secretary says.

It scares the hell out of me to think of someone like Dick Cheney having that sort of power so I am opposed to Obama claiming it. I have mixed feeling actually. I would like to see the next Timothy McVey bombed into oblivion but it is just too much power.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
I don't think Holder has explicitly said that. I edited my post above. Bush's Press Secretaries lied their a$$es off so I don't put much stock in what a Press Secretary says.

It scares the hell out of me to think of someone like Dick Cheney having that sort of power so I am opposed to Obama claiming it. I have mixed feeling actually. I would like to see the next Timothy McVey bombed into oblivion but it is just too much power.
The US has ALWAYS had the right to go after armed combatants. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS. We killed approximately 258,000 American citizens on American soil during the Civil War, and not a single one was entitled to "due process". We killed them because it was infeasible to take them via due process. The exact same thing applies here, and it's what Holder specified (specifically that we can't go after "non-combatants").

IH8RICE said:
:wtf::crazy::tinfoil::panic:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
The US has ALWAYS had the right to go after armed combatants. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS. We killed approximately 258,000 American citizens on American soil during the Civil War, and not a single one was entitled to "due process". We killed them because it was infeasible to take them via due process. The exact same thing applies here, and it's what Holder specified (specifically that we can't go after "non-combatants").

:wtf::crazy::tinfoil::panic:
Infeasible? Is that a word?