Quantcast

Random Poly Picture Thread

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru

so, do the condoms not work??

:confused:
funnily enough, when i went to school in the south... most of my most fiercely republican/college-libertarian friends came from large military families, were public-school educated, and were guys funded by rotc (or other sort of govt funded program) and went to work for the govt after college.

yet, they are all for "small government" and "slash the budget".

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
funnily enough, when i went to school in the south... most of my most fiercely republican/college-libertarian friends came from large military families, were public-school educated, and were guys funded by rotc (or other sort of govt funded program) and went to work for the govt after college.

yet, they are all for "small government" and "slash the budget".
From my experience that is common across the country. Throw military contractors in there while you are at it.

I believe we have achieved what Eisenhower warned of with his speech about the 'military industrial complex'. Defense contractors purposely spread their facilities across the country so they can drum up electoral support for spending projects disguised as 'local jobs'.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Reagan 1986 Meme
Guess he apologized for Beruit back in 1983 then and spurred the Berlin bombing? Meme needs to learn some world history - Reagan made the French look brave. What would happen if Obama did the same today?

In the attack on the American Marines barracks, the death toll was 241 American servicemen: 220 marines, 18 sailors and three soldiers, along with sixty Americans injured, representing the deadliest single-day death toll for the United States Marine Corps since the Battle of Iwo Jima of World War II, the deadliest single-day death toll for the United States military since the first day of the Tet Offensive during the Vietnam War, and the deadliest single attack on Americans overseas since World War II.
Response
U.S. President Ronald Reagan called the attack a "despicable act" and pledged to keep a military force in Lebanon.
In retaliation for the attacks, France launched an airstrike in the Bekaa Valley against alleged Islamic Revolutionary Guards positions.
There was no serious retaliation for the Beirut bombing from the Americans, besides a few shellings.

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Nope, other than Clinton they've always endorsed the GOP candidate...
Steve's point is their not endorsing Obama either.
They only care about who is pushing their agenda.

Where do you get 'always endorsing GOP'?
Article states this is the first time in their 98 year history they haven't endorsed a president but only lists their record for the last 4 elections.

In the last year the majority of their PAC donations have gone to Dems

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Steve's point is their not endorsing Obama either.
They only care about who is pushing their agenda.

Where do you get 'always endorsing GOP'?
Article states this is the first time in their 98 year history they haven't endorsed a president but only lists their record for the last 4 elections.
So you are saying Republicans more often vote favorably for union interests, what planet are you from?

The FOP themselves stated it:

In every presidential race with the exception of Bill Clinton, the Republican candidate has enjoyed our endorsement. In recent years we backed the Republican nominees in 2000, 2004 and 2008, and backed President Bill Clinton in 1996. In 2000 our rank and file overrode the recommendation of its five-member presidential-endorsement panel at the time and backed George W. Bush, four years after supporting the Democratic ticket. Republicans have come to believe our endorsement of their candidate would be automatic in 2012. What they and Mitt Romney failed to recognize was that our endorsement must be earned.
http://www.coloradofop.org/index.cfm?zone=/unionactive/view_article.cfm&homeID=257145

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
So you are saying Republicans more often vote favorably for union interests, what planet are you from?
Where in my post is there a reference to the GOP supporting union interests?
I'm from the planet Reading Comprehension. You should visit sometime.

I said they (the FOP) only endorse politicians who will benefit the FOP membership, regardless of political affiliation, as evidenced in your quoted article and my link to this years Senate and Rep endorsements.

As each of you is aware the FOP is not a Democrat or Republican affiliated organization. Politically we are not about coffee parties; beer parties, tea parties or any other political partying that may be the flavor of the year. We are about supporting politicians and making endorsements that we believe will serve the workplace rights and benefits of our members.

We do not support any politician regardless of political party who would, or does, promote furloughs, layoffs, or any reductions in pay or benefits for law enforcement officers at any level of government. We will not endorse politicians who would take money out of our member’s pockets. We will not support politicians who portray this country’s’ first responders as villains and use them as scapegoats as reasons to cut public safety budgets to solve the financial woes created by politicians. If this organization fought to elect politicians with those standards and principals we would go against everything we stand for.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
My post was regards to their selected presidential candidate and its clearly a political choice not solely based on the average member's interests. Clearly that isn't the primary consideration if they've been voting one way for so long. You're from the planet naive if you believe what they write.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
An Indonesian Muslim scholar, Komaruddin Hidayat, said Muslims have the duty to oppose to anything they deem offensive to their faith, but must "avoid using violence in expressing their objections." At the other end of the Muslim world in Nigeria, a top Islamic leader, Sheik Sani Yahaya Jingir, said violence never brings "any benefit to Islam."

For Jumaa al-Qurishi, a 38-year-old Iraq librarian: "This is not freedom. This is an act of aggression."

"Yes, we understand the First Amendment and all of this stuff," wrote Khalid Amayreh, a prominent Islamist commentator and blogger in Hebron on the West Bank. "But you must also understand that the Prophet (for us) is a million times more sacred than the American Constitution."

He adds: "As Americans have their own idiots and fanatics, we, too, have our idiots and fanatics. And as Americans are utterly unable — probably unwilling as well — to stop their idiots, we, too, are less able to rein in ours."
lulz.