Quantcast

rangers and tickets?

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
Certified Drunk said:
First off did anyone get a ticket? Or is this another one of seanb bullsh1t stories? Seanb seems to be putting his nose in the wrong places AGAIN! This seems to be like last time at SST with "The Rules" another one of seanb bullsh1t stories.
Seanb go back to Canada NOW!

you rule!

yep, i made it up. like i said, i enjoy making up stories...just like all that effort of getting the councilman onboard with my fake sst rules story. phew! glad i got that off my chest!

i bet im behind the snoqualmie ranger issues, the duvall issues..and the 38 ones too..right?

wrong places..how exactly? i asked a question if anyone can confirm this...and stated that i wasnt the one who got confronted by a ranger; but the person who did was frank. maybe i am corp failure on the forum as well as seanD..not B by the way...

so hey, here is your chance mr brilliant...give me ONE example of a BS story that I have created...provide some PROOF that it is BS and not just some "i heard from..." or "so and so said"...but some actual PROOF...

or are you not capable of such a feat?

now run along...this topic is obviously well beyond your comprehension as all you can contribute is a trite attempt at name calling and drama creation..

thanks for playing :)

Jun 18, 2004
Certified Drunk said:
First off did anyone get a ticket? Or is this another one of seanb bullsh1t stories? Seanb seems to be putting his nose in the wrong places AGAIN! This seems to be like last time at SST with "The Rules" another one of seanb bullsh1t stories.
Seanb go back to Canada NOW!
thanks for stirin' the pot buddy... this post was gettin too milk toast for me...

anyway, like I posted last week, I was asked not to ride there while the junior ranger lady had the ticket book in hand... this happend to a group of about 6 of us last month...

so if you don't believe it maybe you should pack up your pretty SVT lightning and shuttle up the road and see if the ranger will stop and ask you to leave... (somehow I just can't picture it)...

but I guess most ridemonkey peeps just need to figure things out for themselves...

Dexter D

Chimp
Jun 1, 2005
Str8OutaBallard said:
thanks for stirin' the pot buddy... this post was gettin too milk toast for me...

anyway, like I posted last week, I was asked not to ride there while the junior ranger lady had the ticket book in hand... this happend to a group of about 6 of us last month...

so if you don't believe it maybe you should pack up your pretty SVT lightning and shuttle up the road and see if the ranger will stop and ask you to leave... (somehow I just can't picture it)...

but I guess most ridemonkey peeps just need to figure things out for themselves...
Was that your VPX getting finished up at B.S. two weeks ago?

roundnround

Chimp
Aug 9, 2005
Corporatefailure said:
the D.n.r handles state land, and the usfs handles government land.
but yet the Usfs has the final word on the sale of state timber and mineral, water and so on rights.
thats why the usfs is mixed up in this.
Uhm, no.

1. USFS has nothing to say about timber sales on state land. USFS doesn't get involved when the state sells timber on Tiger or Capitol Forest or other state tree farms.

2. The two seven trail is on USFS land. That's why they're there. Take a look at a recent land ownership map, or go look at the online parcel data.

roundnround

Chimp
Aug 9, 2005
Once upon a time, a biker kept getting his bike taken away from him. He'd find a bike, ride it like crazy, polish it, tune it, ride it more. The bike would scratch a bit, but it'd still ride great. So he'd ride it lots, and let his buddies ride it too. After a while, a guy would come along and say "hey, that's my bike!" and take it away. The biker would curse, cos that bike was going back to the garage where he found it, and would just collect dust and cobwebs, and maybe get ridden once in a while on the street to the store. It just wasn't right.

After a while, he'd scope out another bike that wasn't getting any love, on a porch, or in a yard, or a garage, and he'd see no one was using it, so out came the tools, and lots of work got done, and then he'd get to ride again. And he'd show the new one to his buds, and they'd be all impressed, and ride it too. Fun for a while. And he'd put in more work, and upgrade the suspension, and make it more fun. He'd even leave it out for other people to ride. And then some day, the owner would come along, and yell at him, and threaten to have him arrested, and take the bike away, and put a big freaking lock on it.

Eventually, biker guy got a job, and then most of his time went into working. There wasn't as much time for riding, but he was saving up money. It took damn near forever, but finally one day he walked into a store, and BOUGHT his own bike. It took months of savings, but the bike was brand new, sparkly nice, and rode without a squeak anywhere. He got a receipt, and it was his to ride any time, or to let his buds ride it, and it wasn't going to get it taken away from him—unless of course these damn freeriders came along, one of these guys who think that you can just ride any bike you like, just cos it's there.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Skookum said:
(snipped)

The facts remain all mt. bikers even if you're into nothing but XC need to rally and try to support the DH scene (yes FR is just DH but with a F and a R and DH is XC just all D and no X). Simply because big bikes are not going to disappear, and more secret trails will be built as long as there is no where local to ride.
When I got the FTTRC going with the other folks, I was very clear that the only way the club would work is to embrace all kind of mountain biking. It's a bad thing to have us/them divisions. The way I see it there are no bad guys - but there might be individual riders ( of both species) that need a smack upside the head for one thing or another. I've even tried to get some of our die hard xc riders out for a day of lift serve just for fun. If nothing else, it's a great way to refine your technical riding skills.

gg

Aug 11, 2005
Wenatchee, WA
So forgive me if I missed it and someone already stated it. But I heard that a group went up there and did a enviornmental impact study. The FS said before that, that they wern't too worried about it unless someone started complaining, well, the impact study wasn't too good is what I heard, and they complained. Now if they are going to do something is one thing. Generally in our area, what they do, due to budgets, is scare a bunch of people, stand around write tickets for awhile, and possibly rip stuff out or fall nice live cedar trees across the trails and cut them up in really nice 24" chunks :thumb: Then they leave, and tell whom ever was complaining they solved it. So I think even worst case scenario could be good. But they dont have the budget to have rangers up there all day all the time just writting tickets. THEY COULD, afford it if they could justify that the tickets are paying for the dude to patrol the area, but if they pay a salary to have a guy sit up there and pick his nose all day, they can't justify to the financial dudes why they are paying him.

roundnround

Chimp
Aug 9, 2005
They only do a study if they have a specific project or some bigger area that they are planning for. Nothing like that. I bet what you heard about was the IMBA visit where they walked the trail to discuss freeriding and how you could build a trail like that in a way that's sustainable.

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
For the record
There are not signs at E27
or rangers handing out tickets there
As far as i see it E27 is still on at full speed
and trail building is also continuing at full throttle
but E38 could be a different story from what i've heard

Oct 14, 2005
Canadaville
Think of all that could have been accomplished with the amount of writing and thought that went into this ridiculous thread....a start to a proposal maybe, to someone who actually can make a difference. I suggest everybody stop posting in the ****ing MOnkey all day while their at work or on thier fat asses at home and start emailing people who are important. Everybody in Washington has an opinion, but nobody has any trails to ride.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
rudyhucks-table said:
There's a reason other area have places to ride, while the Pacific Northwest Forum has over 38,000 posts!!!
It's because we're all liberal, hippie-luvin', slacker-fest doin' nuttin', gaange smokin', whinnin' sons-a-b*tches that have no desire to do anything about changing anything but the time of day it is.....

And we should be proud of that 38,000!! That's a lotta slackin'!!!!!

:thumb: