Quantcast

Rascist?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
People sure like to bat the word "racist" around. Differences between cultures doesn't indicate racism. It indicates differing individual tastes. Believing your race is superior in all forms to all other races is racism. The rest is just good ole bigotry. Nothing wrong with that......some great comedy comes out of bigotry. I myself have come up with some awesomely bigoted statements in the name of teh funny. It's just very pathetic that many people will throw that "r" word out there so cavalier without actually considering the implications of what they are saying.
Besides using reverse racism, your co-worker was a technique I like to call "not giving you the benefit of the doubt".

Instead of giving you the benefit of the doubt by accepting that you like hockey more than basketball, he assumed that you were racist anyway, and you just had a BS excuse handy, rather than admit you hate blacks and black-dominated sports.

I've seen it before, it is pretty ridiculous. It immediately puts the other person on the defensive, because not only do you need to defend your real reason, you also have to explain how you are not racist, which is sometimes not so easy to do.

Now, I would probably cut to the chase, and say something like, "This is the 21st Century, you should probably drop the slave mentality."

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
I wouldn't say you're racist... but, if you watch hockey and not basketball, then you're pretty fyckin' lame. And probably a cracker.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
So my co-worker accuses me of being rascist because-

1. I didnt watch the basketball game last night. Or any basketball game, ever (Other than my kids games. I just dont care for it.).
2. I watch and play hockey.

After he accuses me of being a Klansman and derides hockey some more, I ask if he has ever watched hockey. He replies "Sh*t no, aint no brothers playing hockey". I say "How would it sound if I said a similiar thing about basketball, but with white people instead of brothers?". "Then that would prove you are a rascist".

Thats when I left the room. Stupid is as stupid does and all.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
So I watch basketball and not Hockey..does that mean I'm racist towards whites?...I wonder how well that would go over with my wife?

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
I think Ice Hockey is the only real team sport there is. Where else do you need to have the reflexes of a fighter pilot, the endurance of a cross country runner, and the strength of a football player, and do it all on a sheet of ice with blades on your feet and some drunk canuck trying to make your dentist happy? With that said, I would like to petition my screenname be changed to "Cracka".