Quantcast

Rat Pac Help

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
OK we are heading to Whistler this weekend and want to stop and ride the Rat Pac trail on Friday. Anyone want to meet up? If the gate is closed can someone give us directions on how to get to the top? How about directions on how to get to the trailhead?

dirtjumper

Chimp
May 12, 2004
Seattle
If you get on the fire road and take it to the top, it is about 3 1/2 miles up. Look to your right there will be a small sign saying Rat Pac. A few friends rode Rat Pac a while ago and it was a blast. Nothing extremely big but well worth the ride.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
umm nice directions. ;) Which fire road? Where in town? Directions? Anyone have directions for driving up the back way if the gate is closed? I need some help here guys. Anyone want to ride with us?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Sorry man, I'd love to ride, but have to work at least 1/2 the day....

Its been so long since i was there i forget the way to go. I do remember the exit off of i-90 being salmon -la sac or something like that, but also remember there being detour signs on that exit to go 1 more exit for cle elum on our last trip east. I dont know how this effects going to ratpac but maybe the road is open from the freeway to ratpac. What i do remeber isnt much, but here goes.... I remember taking that exit, driving a bit north, then coming to a gas station.....then turning right i think,..... then shortly after turning left on to a gravel road. Seems like anyone who really knows the way isnt around right now.......

Good luck.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
If it helps. I made a map of the ridge a while back. PM me w/ your fax # and I'll send it to you. Sorry, it's not scanned in.
Don't know about the gate. I always ride up.
If you are coming from the East, you will want to take the Cle Elum exit and head for Roslyn. Just after the gas station(Texaco?) on your left, turn right on the next dirt road which should go past some culvert and a couple slag piles. At the "T", turn left and park a bit up in the shade by a concrete dome.(a sealed off mine shaft.)
You can also stop in to Cle Elum Hike and Bike and they will hook you up. They are on the main drag in town.
You can also surf mtbr.com/trails as well as dirtworld.com/trails for more info. It's posted both places.
And, go to topozone.com and plug in either Roslyn, WA or Cle Elum, WA and scroll over to the ridge to get the USGS map of the area. Not accurate, But, should give you the idea.
Have fun! Should be dusty as hell. Go first.

dirtjumper

Chimp
May 12, 2004
Seattle
If you are heading out of Seattle, take I-90 to exit 80 and take a left. You'll come acroos a Yamaha dealership on the right, go through there parking lot and keep on heading straight at which time you'll be on the firer road. Go up a little way for a parking spot. When you are on your bike keep going up past the gate on the firer road for 3 miles or so. On the left you'll see a sign saying Rat Pac which will be on the left. Hopefully these directions will help out.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
I think it's still closed? Right? Plus, they will be coming from Montana. So, coming from the East???

dirtjumper said:
If you are heading out of Seattle, take I-90 to exit 80 and take a left. You'll come acroos a Yamaha dealership on the right, go through there parking lot and keep on heading straight at which time you'll be on the firer road. Go up a little way for a parking spot. When you are on your bike keep going up past the gate on the firer road for 3 miles or so. On the left you'll see a sign saying Rat Pac which will be on the left. Hopefully these directions will help out.
Those directions are worse than mine!!!!

Disregard these directions or get lost. Ask a local or meet someone there.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Well I am off to Ellensburg today. We will be riding the Rat Pac on Fri at about 1000am. Anyone is welcome to join. Then off to Whistler for 4 days and the North Shore for 3 days. SEE YA. If anyone wants to meet up my cell is
406-544-4697.