Quantcast

Real Design hub dimensions?

itch

Chimp
Jan 29, 2002
a place with no hills
I know this is a kinda detailed question, but I'm just hoping that somebody out their might have this information floating around in their head. I've got a Real Design's rear disk hub, and I need the wheel building dimensions: flange diameter, and each flange-to center measurement. I haven't been able to find a spoke calculator that has this hub in it's database, and so far Real hasn't emailed me back. Any ideas?:help:

KonaDude

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Victoria, BC, Canada.
Measure it up. Get a set of calipers and measure it for yourself. Flange diameter's easy. Take the center to center distance between two opposite spoke holes. For center to flange, measure the distance from the locknut to the flange's center, then subtract that from half the hub's width... for example:

You measure 44mm from locknut to flange center. Your hub is a standard MTB 135mm spacing (locknut to locknut). Divide 135 by two to get half the width. That's 67.5mm. Subtract 44 from 67.5 and you get 22.5mm center to flange for that side. Do both sides on a hub if you're not sure about its symmetry. I've experimented a little bit with how much the center to flange affects spoke length, and it really won't matter if you are even a few mm's off... But the more precise the better.

Hope this helps.

itch

Chimp
Jan 29, 2002
a place with no hills
Hey, thanks the technique, that doesn't sound anywhere near as difficult as I thought it might be. I guess years of depending on a huge database and a computer has made me lazy:)