Quantcast

Real? Tagging Air Force One

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
MMike said:
If it IS real, the "tagger" is now full of bullet holes.
That should be the penalty for tagging...:mumble: I live close to a high school, and some of the students have been tagging on the walls near my place--it drives me crazy! It lowers our property value and makes our neighborhood look like crap...

RimJobbed

Monkey
Apr 11, 2006
He talks all about the reasoning on stillfree.com . Mark Ecko is a genius, and has just made his way into the all time book of heroes. That video shows he has large cahones.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
johnbryanpeters said:
Not inconcievable, but I'd like to see some substantation...
Dude, the day graf writers from the streets are hi-tech enough to breach the level of security that would surround POTUS's personal airplane... Be serious, they wouldn't have been first people in there, and they wouldn't have only brought paint with them.

If this is real, then its probably an older decomissioned AF1 in some crappy base in a desert.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
The only way I could see that being real is if he tagged an older plane that is now out of commission.

There is an Air Force One here in Seattle at Boeing Field that I see take off periodically, as part of their museum.

Security is probably much lower there and it is accessible to the public.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
RimJobbed said:
He talks all about the reasoning on stillfree.com . Mark Ecko is a genius, and has just made his way into the all time book of heroes. That video shows he has large cahones.

He also contradicts himself and decides to 'open a dialogue' about the First Amendment by defacing Federal property.

ITS A PUBLICITY GIMMICK BY A RICH GUY.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
when i lived in houston, george sr. was in power. and i knew a couple of local s.service guys. they weren't allowed to say much, but i did learn enough to know that anything involving our commander and chief's transportation is locked down tight.

trust me.
this fool didn't get anywhere near an active plane.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
pffft....you guys...

The one at Seattle field is an old 707. That photo is clearly a 747. There are two 747's that can be AF1....whichever is carrying the POTUS att he time.

And both of those airplanes are surrounded by very jumpy military dudes at all times....there is NO WAY a moron with a spray can got within 200 yards of that airplane.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I can't imagine someone getting close enough to AF 1 to do that....

FYI: Use of deadly force is authorized anywhere beyond the RED LINE on the flight line of any AFB.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
MMike said:
pffft....you guys...

The one at Seattle field is an old 707. That photo is clearly a 747. There are two 747's that can be AF1....whichever is carrying the POTUS att he time.
You are right, how could I have missed such a thing. :clue:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
N8 said:
I can't imagine someone getting close enough to AF 1 to do that....

FYI: Use of deadly force is authorized anywhere beyond the RED LINE on the flight line of any AFB.
BTW, if it so easy that a bunch of graffiti artists and a cameraman could access AF1, why wouldn't a bunch of terrorists do it!!!!

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
That's an impressive (not smart) video. That is AF1. And yes, there are two. I've worked on both (I was the royal toilet bowl cleaner).... Actually I worked at Boeing Space and Defense.

Regardless, that's sad that this individual needed to do this. I don't care if you like or dislike our government, but the US is a freakin' great place to be. Half of these anti-(whatever) people need is a year in the middle east or some other 3rd world country.

I'm not surprised that security missed it. If its down for maintenance, then security can be a little lax. I'll bet it doesn't happen again.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Ascentrek said:
That's an impressive (not smart) video. That is AF1. And yes, there are two. I've worked on both (I was the royal toilet bowl cleaner).... Actually I worked at Boeing Space and Defense.

Regardless, that's sad that this individual needed to do this. I don't care if you like or dislike our government, but the US is a freakin' great place to be. Half of these anti-(whatever) people need is a year in the middle east or some other 3rd world country.\
Come on, it isn't like he destroyed anything, he put a little paint on a symbol of the gov't. I think it is funny if it is real.

nixhexss

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
New York
take a look at the more links in the bottom right box....article about the plane used in teh movie 'air force one.' Maybe it's that plane sitting at some airfield and they filmed there?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Ascentrek said:
I'm not surprised that security missed it. If its down for maintenance, then security can be a little lax. I'll bet it doesn't happen again.
You're joking right? There's NO WAY it happened. For once, N8 is right. Maybe pre 9/11 it could have slipped by (highly unlikely...but MAYBE). But nowadays? Fat chance.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
I was an Air Force cop.
Yeah, I wore one of those little berets and toted some firepower.

I worked in areas that allowed me to use deadly force if anyone unauthorized entered. One of my friends got a medal for NOT shooting someone who entered unauthorized (it was a bunged up exercise).

and... I truly believe that this is real.

I don't agree with what his motivations were, but I have never understood graffiti artists.

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
I think some of you give more credit to military security than is due. Read some of Marcinko's books or Spec Ops non-fiction and you'll see how a little guts and preparation can make anything possible. It's all about thinking outside the box.

If any of you have ever done a security detail in the military (I have) then you'll know things can get reeaally boring and lax.

I think this video is plausible.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
I once participated in an exercise around the General's residences at Ramstein.

The other participants knew I was coming.

I took them all out. With a 'knife' and nothing else.

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
However, if you read Ecko's legal disclaimer (I can't believe you didn't! Legal disclaimers are great reading material :rolleyes: ) you'd see the following:

Please read the language set forth herein carefully as it may affect, inhibit, modify or otherwise influence the interests or perceptions of any end user (hereinafter "you" or "end user") viewing the preceeding video (also referred to herein and hereas as "The Still Free Video"). You, the viewer of the preceeding are hereby advised that the video does not depict a real event. It is intended for the sole, limited and express purpose of entertainment and to induce you, the viewer of the video, to think critically about freedom of expression and speech and the government's responses to the same. Therefore, and by reason of the foregoing, the producers, creators and distributors of this video hereby verily certify that the foregoing fictionalization and dramatization was not real. Furthermore, and without limitation now, since the beginning of time and without perpituity, the producers, creators and distributors of this video and anyone else who was involved in the making of this video assume no risks or liabilities stemming from or related to your ("the end user's") viewing of same and assume no liability for any damages that result directly or indirectly from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletions of files, viruses, errors, defects or any failures of performance, communications failures, theft, destruction or unauthorized access. Copying, duplication and distribution of this video is encouraged.

So, it's fake. But I still think it's possible to do.

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
Jeremy R said:
You should give it a go then and let us know how it goes.
Average Joe is gonna put spray paint on the president's plane in 2006.
Sounds logical.:help:
Well, I'm sure it would be a bit more involved than hopping a couple fences. Possible, but not likely. Then there's the whole risk vs. reward thing. Maybe if there were also a winning PowerBall ticket on the tarmac under the engine.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
MudGrrl said:

Memo to Self: don't pick fight with MudGrrl:rofl:

nixhexss

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
New York
MudGrrl said:

I'm intrigued, what exactly was your last job?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
johnbryanpeters said:
I have always contended that one woman would be the equivalent of several men in a combat situation...
Yeah, for like 24 days of the month anyway. The rest of the time, theyre wounded.