Quantcast

+++really?wed+++

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning. Why is no one up? Oh yeah, cause I am an idiot....... Bear hunting today, nice morning already. Good temp, clear skies, great day to be outside....... Probably hike six or seven miles in and fall asleep though... Either way, good day to spend a day.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Went to bike shop last night and the guy handed the old hub over in a pile of pieces. 10/10 would not buy a Stans Neo hub, ever. The free hub looks like someone took an angle grinder to it.

Dude totally hooked me up by lacing up the (cracked rim) to a new Stans 3.30 hub for $100.

As soon as I get back from PA I'm getting a real wheelset.

Lets get this day over with, shall we. Its about time for a 5 day weekend.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Finally went back to Poland. Still not enough sleep. My GF got me inside some whisky tasting event so free booze tonight!

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Damn cold this morning.
Let's sweep this under the carpet with a quick bike ride.
Stay frosty Monkeys.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
need a new rear brake hose for my new build. I have four viable brakesets and not a single one will give me enough slack when routed (properly) internally. FTS

Now I gotta decide which brakes to actually run and whether I want to pay $60 for a brake hose from italy...sheesh

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Did manage to get in a ride in the woods last night. It was the perfect type of wet where as the dirt was super grippy and you could slide over all the rocks and roots. Glad I got out.

Gotta run a 5k practice race with my daughter tonight. She does this girls running program with her school and their main event is a State wide 5k fun run in a few weeks. Tonight is there practice run.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
need a new rear brake hose for my new build. I have four viable brakesets and not a single one will give me enough slack when routed (properly) internally. FTS

Now I gotta decide which brakes to actually run and whether I want to pay $60 for a brake hose from italy...sheesh
white people problems... :D. (I suggest running the brakes that work best...)

I called in sick this morning. It's past may 15 so my local park is officially open to bikes now. I'm going to check out the conditions of the trails. It's sunny and cool out. Perfect riding weather

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

It's a cloudy, humid day out there...it's been threatening to rain for the last two days - like that sneeze that shows up, but never actually happens...I've got to put up about 100 banners for a 5K race on Friday, and it looks like I'm going to be doing so in the rain.

The sign business...I guess somebody's gotta do it. That's our new company slogan...I just made that up right now. See how good I am? I'm going to send a letter on behalf of me, by me, to lobby for a raise.

Not a great deal of action today. Installing an acrylic dedication panel at a school later on....I hope they don't find out just how far away from schools I need to actually stay...

Y'all go be good Fonzies...eeeeeeeeehhhh!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I just watched somebody cut off and brake check an unmarked cop. It looked like an attempted insurance grab because they wedged themselves I to a 1.5 car gap then dived the brakes. I wish I was in the Subaru because I would have a video of it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Went to bike shop last night and the guy handed the old hub over in a pile of pieces. 10/10 would not buy a Stans Neo hub, ever. The free hub looks like someone took an angle grinder to it.

Dude totally hooked me up by lacing up the (cracked rim) to a new Stans 3.30 hub for $100.

As soon as I get back from PA I'm getting a real wheelset.

Lets get this day over with, shall we. Its about time for a 5 day weekend.
pony up for a real hub. hadley, i9, king, etc. worth every cent. bought my first hadley in 2001. it's still going strong. currently on my megatrail.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning!

Spent yesterday afternoon working out of the cafe in a Barnes & Noble. It was the most productive I've been in a long time, mainly cause I was left alone. I should make that happen more often.

Fire department was at work yesterday plucking a guy off the top of one of the trailers in the loading docks. I didn't stick around to see the resolution, but that's sad. Hope he gets the help he needs.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
pony up for a real hub. hadley, i9, king, etc. worth every cent. bought my first hadley in 2001. it's still going strong. currently on my megatrail.
I plan on getting Hopes. I still have the original Hope Pro 2 and only retired it after I got this new bike. Those hubs have lasted for almost ten years with little to no maintenance; only broke an axle in the back one due to 12mm standards poop.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I plan on getting Hopes. I still have the original Hope Pro 2 and only retired it after I got this new bike. Those hubs have lasted for almost ten years with little to no maintenance; only broke an axle in the back one due to 12mm standards poop.
i guess that works.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Ugh, am I really here? Wifey volunteered us to help the local community theater group because the head guy (Santa, no joke) is a long time patient. The sound/lighting guy happens to be a guy I hired for a contract to help me at my last gig.

Rehearsal all week with performance Thursday, Friday, Saturday. Getting up at 4, then getting home by 4:30 so I can get to the theater by 5. We were done by 8:30 last night, I am beat. Not looking forward to tonight. FTS, I'll be napping in the shed if anyone is looking for me.

<edit> I am working the sound board, wife is doing lighting. Neither of us want to act/direct but they are looking for "young" folks to take over. :rofl:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I just watched somebody cut off and brake check an unmarked cop. It looked like an attempted insurance grab because they wedged themselves I to a 1.5 car gap then dived the brakes. I wish I was in the Subaru because I would have a video of it.
I got flashed on the way in a few weeks ago.

Had a gray Tahoe riding my ass just before the ramp to 405 south. 2 Lane ramp 50 limit, Tahoe and I are doing near 70. Truck in the left lane, so Tahoe jumps right and nails it to blow past semi.

Just after he passes me, I jump behind him. Right as I square up in the lane, he flashes his back window blue lights. I backed off and took the Burnside exit.

No logos on the truck, regular Oregon tree plate, tinted windows kept light bar hidden, no back seat divider. Stealth bastard.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
14.25mm axle is superior in every way. The 15.5 to 14.25 tappered axle will also fit the new 14.25 standard.

Also known as the 12b+ standard.
It honestly wouldn't surprise me anymore. Claim a 3% stiffness increase and there would be hordes of people praising @FSM cause that 3% is what's separating them from being the next Tinker Juarez.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It honestly wouldn't surprise me anymore. Claim a 3% stiffness increase and there would be hordes of people praising @FSM cause that 3% is what's separating them from being the next Tinker Juarez.
When are speed holes going to make a comeback? I have seen a resurgence of pimp anno parts lately.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Posts like this is why I can't quit the Facebook. :rofl:

In response to ESPN showing LeBron James's game 2 stats that resulted in a loss. The anger this post generated is pure gold.
This is why Lebron will never be Michael Jackson. Jackson was a humble player who never disrespected his opponents, his coaches and his teammates. He is the GOAT! Jackson was so good that the entire Bulls starting lineup was called the Jackson 5. Nobody calls the Cavs starting 5 the Lebron 5

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I got flashed on the way in a few weeks ago.

Had a gray Tahoe riding my ass just before the ramp to 405 south. 2 Lane ramp 50 limit, Tahoe and I are doing near 70. Truck in the left lane, so Tahoe jumps right and nails it to blow past semi.

Just after he passes me, I jump behind him. Right as I square up in the lane, he flashes his back window blue lights. I backed off and took the Burnside exit.

No logos on the truck, regular Oregon tree plate, tinted windows kept light bar hidden, no back seat divider. Stealth bastard.
Hang some mardi gras beads & a tree so his car wont smell then 100% stealth.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
work. then doc. then taking the girls fishing while the lady runs with her group.
with as much shed action as my mucus filled lungs can handle.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
So did the cop light him up, @stoney ?

I rode to work, early since I had to be in for a 7 AM conference. On the upside it was a very pleasant spin in and my day should be pretty chill.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Why has industry decided to keep these 12 and not 15? Is it due to all the other shit of the rear wheel that would have to change?
Waiting for the right time, after everyone has upgraded to boost.