Quantcast

+++really?wed+++

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I do want, but I only need one wheel built at this time. Going to go with another Stans rim and hope rear hub. Front hub is fine (for now).

I9 wheels are $$$$$$ up here.
I went with a King hub. Mostly because of the fact they don't have pawls. I used to bust pawls in Shimano freehub bodies with alarming regularity. when I had the financial wherewithawl to upgrade, I went King, figuring it would last me the rest of my lifetime. fucking lizard standards :rant: anyways, I can't even remember when I bought it. Has to be at least 7 years ago. It's still smooth as silk. Maybe not *instant* engagement, but still pretty damn good.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Working full time as a consultant and still collecting salary from the old job. It will take a long time before I will make this much in a month. I have already rewarded myself with the purchase of a new bike @jonKranked it will be road bike with XT Di2. Should hopefully have it next week and will report back. Its gravel bike build kind of like an old school / new school mtb. 40mm tires, 1x gearing and no suspension of course. I try to hit as much single track on the bike as I can. Denmark is flat and no rocks so this is a way to increase speed and fun factor.

Job search is shaping up pretty good. I hope to have a contract within the next two weeks. Should be much better than the shitty job I had.
Best of luck! On a different topic, have you heard about your local band called Heilung? :D

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Sorry SS .... I get checked out every year since heart issues a few years ago. (I'm old too) and loooong family history of heart disease.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
I got flashed on the way in a few weeks ago.

Had a gray Tahoe riding my ass just before the ramp to 405 south. 2 Lane ramp 50 limit, Tahoe and I are doing near 70. Truck in the left lane, so Tahoe jumps right and nails it to blow past semi.

Just after he passes me, I jump behind him. Right as I square up in the lane, he flashes his back window blue lights. I backed off and took the Burnside exit.

No logos on the truck, regular Oregon tree plate, tinted windows kept light bar hidden, no back seat divider. Stealth bastard.
Not the story i was expecting.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
He was trying to argue that the ban on ebikes on pathways was only because of a simple discussion, motors or no motors
I mean... He's kinda got a point. If you're on a trail that specifically states no motor vehicles, and your vehicle has a motor, then you're in the wrong spot even if it's a little one. I can hit 30 on flat pavement on a bike sans motor, and I'm still allowed on the bike/walking paths. If speed is the issue then why not post speed limit signs and let mopeds on the path?

My boss is an annoying, pedantic son of a bitch.....
I think he is married to his opinion.
He is also a condescending asshole.
Sounds like a good candidate to start posting on RM :monkey:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Changing the oil on the M tonight found a massive fuckup by the dealer. I had the valve cover gaskets replaced about a month ago and just realized of the three capped nuts holding the front of the valve cover down, one is now a torx bolt. Looks like somebody sheared off the stud that goes into the block when they were tighten everything back up again, and just threw in a filler bolt.

Talked with a service advisor and we initially thought it was just a bolt missing. She sent me to parts to figure out what was actually missing and we figured out that it was a broken stud in the block, so he got the shop manager on the phone. We talked about the issue, whole deal and the car is getting dropped off Friday. I'll be getting a loaner for the weekend, which I usually never get because it's an old car.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Changing the oil on the M tonight found a massive fuckup by the dealer. I had the valve cover gaskets replaced about a month ago and just realized of the three capped nuts holding the front of the valve cover down, one is now a torx bolt. Looks like somebody sheared off the stud that goes into the block when they were tighten everything back up again, and just threw in a filler bolt.

Talked with a service advisor and we initially thought it was just a bolt missing. She sent me to parts to figure out what was actually missing and we figured out that it was a broken stud in the block, so he got the shop manager on the phone. We talked about the issue, whole deal and the car is getting dropped off Friday. I'll be getting a loaner for the weekend, which I usually never get because it's an old car.
///Fuckups

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Sooo... what's next? Your back ain't gonna tolerate that hardtail much longer. :D
Dunno yet. Something squishy and fast. I honestly think it’s the stupid gearing and the 2000’ climbs out here that are jacking up my back, not the lack of squish.

Though, riding Enchanted to the Gut three times in one day after climbing Chimney didn’t make things better.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Actually the dead opposite of that. I literally NEVER get a loaner or get offered a loaner. If I ask for one, I always get looked at with a look of insult. It's as if my old ass BMW is not sufficient enough to get a loaner. Ironically it's still more expensive than a lot of the newer cars that come in (see early 2010's 3-series) and get loaners. But who am I to judge?

Subaru they are much nicer but your repair has to be at least $500 to get a loaner. Infiniti just gives you a loaner, no matter what it is, even changing the oil

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
that's bullshit.

audi gives loaners out like candy.
Very aware. So do Infiniti, Acura, and MB. BMW are stingee (sp?) when you roll up in a 15 y/o car apparently. At least when I do.

Then again, they are the same asses when I get picked up and dropped in the Infiniti. Infiniti almost always asks if I've seen the new M50 Red Shift yet if I pull up in the M while I'm there with Wifey.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Just bought a mtbparks pass...now I will have to travel a bit!
https://shop.mtbparks.com/
Wife and I have made very good use of ours the last couple of years and picked up this years cheap back in November. Still waiting on another couple of local resorts to be reconfirmed for this year though, Keystone and Crested Butte.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Very aware. So do Infiniti, Acura, and MB. BMW are stingee (sp?) when you roll up in a 15 y/o car apparently. At least when I do.
Ha, when I pulled up to Bruce Chevy in my $4k C4, they gave me the keys to a C6GS and (used) C6ZR1 for test drives. When Joe went in his C6 they wouldn't let him test the ZR1 without doing an offer sheet. :rofl:

I think the donuts I did in the ZR1 might have somethig to do with it.