Quantcast

Redbull Night Shift at Clemson Nov. 13

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
Glad the pics turned out. Send me the others when you get a chance, I sent my email address to your gmail account.

Not sure if Joe is on this forum, but good to meet you my man. Look forward to hearing how things are out in Bend (when you get there).

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
Looks like a blast..... Someone definently post some pics of this ....
I am going to take my camera and equipment, Cecil will also likely give me his camera while he runs the course... I'll let my wife use it if he is OK with that (she has some photog skills). I won't be racing, so pic shooting time for me. I'll post up after next weekend.

Oct 4, 2009
I just got sent a pic of a new feature near the bottom of the course. It looks sick and the event is gonna be dope. Not one to miss for sure.

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
Where exactly is that at? The surrounding area doesn't look familar.

There was also a college kid there Sat that mentioned they where putting in a 20-25 foot table top???? Any idea or pics of where that might be?

Oct 4, 2009
Looks to me like its where the old step down drop was right before the creek gap. But I'm not positive. I have heard of a big table as well but have yet to see a photo.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Looks to me like its where the old step down drop was right before the creek gap. But I'm not positive. I have heard of a big table as well but have yet to see a photo.
Yes you are right. The new Big Table will right after the new gap jump right after the Wall Ride. This is what Matt one of the Clemson Free Ride guys told me. They have done a great job!!!!! I can't believe the way this trail has progressed from the old days from my first ever DH race and helping build out there with my old team.

Cecil

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
They must be in 11th hour cranking stuff out mode. There was only one Clemson dude there on Sat and he was working on what looked something like a left berm just after the new gap jump after the wall.

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
I miss college. The Freeride Club was the reason it took me an extra year to graduate.:D
I didn't go to Clemson, but I miss college too. That was a period of free thought, chicks everywhere, parents paid for pretty much everything (I did have to pay for my tution though), and really the only stress was exams. Now..... life causes too much stress, not to mention worrying about being two years away from 40/over the hill. Where did the time go?

wiL

Monkey
Nov 28, 2006
Greenville, SC
A few notes regarding the event:
-Entry will be free.
-Remedy Films will be filming the event. http://www.remedy-films.com/
-Racing will be collegiate only, however, everyone can come out during the day and ride with Shaums March. Lots of new features have been built/modified and Saturday would be a great day to come check them out.
-If you're going to be drinking, keep it in a solo cup or a Red Bull can or something. No Alcohol is "allowed" in the forest, and we like to keep the forest gods happy.
-The new section after the wallride is awesome, however due to limitations on digging, time, and resources, the new table will not be completed for the Night Shift race. It will be completed prior to the open race in the Spring. The course is better than its ever been right now. For those familiar with the course, it no longer requires any sort of braking until the steeper, rocky section at the bottom before the creek gap.
-Drink lots of Red Bull.

Look forward to seeing everyone there. If it were up to the club, it wouldn't be collegiate only, but Red Bull likes their quirky stipulations for some reason.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
A few notes regarding the event:
-Entry will be free.
-Remedy Films will be filming the event. http://www.remedy-films.com/
-Racing will be collegiate only, however, everyone can come out during the day and ride with Shaums March. Lots of new features have been built/modified and Saturday would be a great day to come check them out.
-If you're going to be drinking, keep it in a solo cup or a Red Bull can or something. No Alcohol is "allowed" in the forest, and we like to keep the forest gods happy.
-The new section after the wallride is awesome, however due to limitations on digging, time, and resources, the new table will not be completed for the Night Shift race. It will be completed prior to the open race in the Spring. The course is better than its ever been right now. For those familiar with the course, it no longer requires any sort of braking until the steeper, rocky section at the bottom before the creek gap.
-Drink lots of Red Bull.

Look forward to seeing everyone there. If it were up to the club, it wouldn't be collegiate only, but Red Bull likes their quirky stipulations for some reason.
I'm running down the street to AB Tech and sign up for intro to wastewater management. BRB.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
It Saul Good.
Red bull hooked me up.
Greatest thing about that story though was when that dude lost
my cell phone number, because he flipped that truck with 7 people in it, and gasoline leaked out onto his phone and fried it.

wiL

Monkey
Nov 28, 2006
Greenville, SC
what are the specifics of being a collegiate racer?
Good question.

No. The event is not sanctioned by USA Cycling by any means.

Yes. That is more like it. I have yet to get a response from the local Red Bull rep regarding the specifications of their definition of "collegiate", but all that they asked last year at Windrock was for a student ID, if I remember correctly.

Garth and I rode out their last night and it was tons of fun and this is going to be an awesome event, despite the spotty details and poor PR. Definitely try to make it out if you can. The new features are riding great and the trail has really been improved. Come out, ride some during the day, then plan on staying that evening for some great spectating, especially with a few of the jumps illuminated.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
It Saul Good.
Red bull hooked me up.
Greatest thing about that story though was when that dude lost
my cell phone number, because he flipped that truck with 7 people in it, and gasoline leaked out onto his phone and fried it.
That guy was nutty. Did anyone else stick around to see him hitting the creek gap on a mountain board? He was using a high speed winch on the front of the Unimog to get him up to speed. :rofl:

Good question.

Yes. That is more like it. I have yet to get a response from the local Red Bull rep regarding the specifications of their definition of "collegiate", but all that they asked last year at Windrock was for a student ID, if I remember correctly.
That's what I was hoping/thinking. I am a student and I do race, however there is no official 'team' at my school. Even if there was, I would be the only gravity racer.
Thanks for the info on that.
Also if anyone has a 12mm allen for a marzocchi fork, please bring it. I need to use one.

Last edited:

rewster

Monkey
Feb 3, 2007
charlotte nc
Also if anyone has a 12mm allen for a marzocchi fork, please bring it. I need to use one.
? You mean to adjust damping? What fork?

I was in, then out, now back in. UNCC DH is (semi)officially up and running. Time to rage. See you folks soon.

Last edited:

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
See you guys out there. I might not be riding (Santa Cruz is in the shop, bringing the Cannondale just in case), but I'll be taking pictures.... I'll be shooting with a white Canon 70-200 2.8 and have a black Santa Cruz hat on if anyone wants to shout at me.

I'll post pics hopefully tomorrow.

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
Here's a taste, I'd have more, but Photoshop keeps locking up on me (pissing me off).

I know most of you don't know me (other than maybe Cecil), but as I get to know you guys and start attending some of these events, official or grassroots, I'd be glad to shot anybody/anywhere..... of course keeping in mind I like to ride too. I have to get into the grove off both, and doing both the same day is hard for my engineering mind.

Anyways, enjoy...... more to come.