Quantcast

Removing cartridge wheel bearings

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Are there any tools other than tapping them out with a hammer? There are some cool tools for removing headsets and bottom brackets. I need to replace the bearings in a set of Corsa wheels and I would prefer to have the proper tools.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have the King service tool set for my King hubs. I got the hubs as an excuse to buy the service tool, pure tool sex :). Everything else gets beaten with a hammer and a chunk of nylon.

spam16v

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
Buffalo, NY
I have made a few Delrin drivers in the past, I have seal drivers for all the Audi output seals I've made as well as some factory tools.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
a blind bearing puller might work with your bearings but it also might remove just the inner portion and the ball bearings

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Seriously though-
Wheels Manufacturing makes a great puller for the bike world.
I bet it costs less than $60 retail too.
I like tools.
More like $150 on sale (although it looks like great craftsmanship). I grabbed a slide hammer blind puller at the recommendations of a local wheel manufacturer. Wheels Manufacturing makes great looks tools, but right now I don't have the coin to throw down when they are 2-3 times the price of other solutions. Maybe later in life.