Quantcast

Reno locals?

Frisco

Chimp
Jan 16, 2002
Vancouver, WA
Hello,
If there are any Reno locals here, I would greatly appreciate some advice. I'm moving to Reno around August and would like to end up close to some downhill trails and/or jumps. Of course, I don't expect you to post locations. I just want to end up in an area that has fairly easy access so that I can ride after work. What areas are preferable? Also, I'm very into riding and building and it would be cool if I could hook up with some of you when I'm there.

Thanks,
Aaron

Frisco

Chimp
Jan 16, 2002
Vancouver, WA
Yeah, I'm stoked that I'm going to be so close to Northstar. I'm originally from San Francisco so I've ridden around Tahoe. The last time I was at Northstar(about four years ago), though, I realized my frame was cracked right when I got to the lift. Luckily my friend let me take a run on his bike. It sounds like its getting better every year.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I live in Incline Village and ride a lot in Reno during winter. The peavine area (northwest of town) has gotten a lot of attention from IMBA in the last few years. There are few pirate DH trails we ride but most of the reno area riding is best handled on an XC bike. Send me a PM or just keep an eye out for me at northstar when that gets going.

Kevin

Racerx7734

Monkey
Mar 4, 2002
Hostile Sausage
Originally posted by kidwoo
I live in Incline Village and ride a lot in Reno during winter. The peavine area (northwest of town) has gotten a lot of attention from IMBA in the last few years. There are few pirate DH trails we ride but most of the reno area riding is best handled on an XC bike. Send me a PM or just keep an eye out for me at northstar when that gets going.

Kevin
Ditto to that.

I live right next to some DH in the peavine and Verdi area and ride N* about 3 times a week when its open.

I'll ride with you..........anytime. PM me or email me at = Racerx7734@hotmail.com

That goes for anyone.

Here is my ride.......if you see me at N*

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by Racerx7734
Ditto to that.

I live right next to some DH in the peavine and Verdi area and ride N* about 3 times a week when its open.

I'll ride with you..........anytime. PM me or email me at = Racerx7734@hotmail.com

That goes for anyone.

Definitely man.
I'll let you know as soon as ophir creek clears up at the top. That's a good one worth getting together for. If you 've ridden it, you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't, I have a nice suprise for you.:D

Frisco

Chimp
Jan 16, 2002
Vancouver, WA
Thanks for the information on Reno. I'm really looking forward to heading out there and hooking up with some locals. I'll send you guys a PM when I get out there(I probably won't be settled in until September). In the meantime, have a great summer. BTW Racerx7734, that is one sweet looking bike.